Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASA, CHASA
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Namibia,Zambia
My son enjoys wrestling, Greco Roman wrestling. He is a multiple provincial champion and also became SA champion last year in his weight. He participated in the National Trials two weeks ago. He is 16 years old, which makes him a Cadet(under 17), he weights 95 kg(209lbs). He competed in the 110kg weight category. In the final he won in 24 seconds, performing a 4 point throw and then 3 gut wrench rolls.
Having not wrestled competitively he decided to wrestle Junior category as well(under 20). He came second, having lost controversially in the final.
A week and a half later he wrestled the same opponent during a wrestling training camp and beat him twice, both times pinning him.

Due to this covid crap, they have not been able to wrestle competitively but he has been training relentlessly, 3 1/2 hrs a day 5 days a week.

After further fitness tests and training camp which involved more wrestling the team to represent South Africa at the Continental African Championships in El Jadida, Morocco from 4th April to the 12th April was announced last night.

My son made the team and will be representing South Africa at the African Championships.

We are now on the way to go and fit and order his singlets, socks, sweat suit and shirts.

It is not going to be easy for us financially as the costs are R30 000, flights, clothes, insurance, accommodation, visa etc. Somehow we will make a plan...somehow...
The covid uncertainty is a major problem but life must go on, we cannot be ruled by it....

I know this is not hunting related but I wanted to share, we are so proud of him.

My daughter is in college now having finished grade 12, studying Nature management. She has already enrolled in FAGAS level 1 field guide course and will also be doing her PH course next year.

We are so proud and so blessed.....

Congrats to you and your family!!

Reactions: IvW
Well done to your kids and to you.
You rightly deserve to be proud of your kids. It takes a a lot of time, dedication and practice to be good in something, even when it comes natural.

Once again, well done

Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

Thats AWESOME! Congratulations, you have a lot to be proud of.

Yes, well done to him. My godson, who is 18 has passed all of his Learner PH exams, one to go in March. Good with his CZ 375. Already employed as a guide, he will probably be the youngest PH in Zimbabwe. Oh, he has a pith helmet and knows how to drive a Series 1 Landy!

this is fantastic achievement!
Congrats to proud father, and son!

Well done

Impressive! The dedication to reach that level of sport is amazing. He didn’t get that way without supportive parenting.

A great achievement, and if not now, in the fullness of time, he will so appreciate the family that made it possible for him to pursue a dream. Good on you IvW.

Awesome! Nothing like watching your children excel in their chosen pursuits! You are right to be proud!

Congratulations! I'll bet your shirt is stressing the buttons... as it should be. ;)

Best of luck at the championships!

Good luck to your son.Mom and Dad help a lot on the way. The Best

Congratulations to Ruben on his success.

Congrats! Hope he does well.

Congrats, and best wishes for your son.

El Yadida is a beautiful town, haven´t been there for many years !

Awesome news! Thanks for sharing!

Successful, driven kids, are typically products of the environment provided by their parents..

Job well done!

I love to see a young man put in the hard work and have it pay off.
I wish him good luck at the championship.

Thank you for all the positive comments it has been a tough year. I wish everybody a safe and prosperous year....
Hunters greetings

Tragically Africa Wrestling Championships have been cancelled......R4k worth of clothes paid for that he may not wear....attempts are being made for a contest during Commonwealth games which is in SA.....fingers crossed(he is 3 mnths too young to wrestle the trials....)

Past saterday he again qualified in the final at 92kg against a 100kg opponent winning with 6/0, 6/4 and then a fall to wrestle at the National Championships in 2 weeks time......

Fingers crossed......

This Chinese crap is out of this world.....destroying life as we knew it.....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg