Website
ss.globalrescue.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, Grand Slam Club/Ovis
unnamed.jpg

Longtime Global Rescue member, Lucas Hanna, had always envisioned he would need Global Rescue to airlift him from the Amazon during one of his fishing trips, but that isn’t what happened…

Lucas Hanna of Dallas, Texas, had just arrived in Norway on a last-minute business trip in December 2017 when he began experiencing flu-like symptoms. After waking up in a pool of sweat the morning of a meeting, he dressed for work, believing it was jet lag or a bug he had picked up on the plane.

Erring on the side of caution, he had a coworker drive him to a local doctor. Hanna was informed by the physician that he had a 39.9°C (104°F) fever and that he had tested positive for the influenza virus.

Hanna’s home office contacted Global Rescue for information on the area of Norway in which their employees were staying.

“Before the morning was over, Global Rescue had researched and contacted the doctor, the local hospitals, my hotel, and called my cell and room to see how I was doing and if they could help,” Hanna said. "I was very pleased with the professionalism and promptness of the Global Rescue personnel."

Global Rescue Medical Operations personnel advised Hanna to remove himself from his business activities, return to his hotel room after obtaining medications, and schedule a return flight for two days later than originally planned.

Acknowledging that he was fortunate to be in excellent hands with the local doctor and his hotel’s check-ins, Hanna noted that “had I been in 75% of anywhere else in the world, I knew despite my spiking fever that the voice on the other end of the phone at Global Rescue was prepared to do whatever it took to ensure my health and safety.”

Hanna has been a Global Rescue member for close to a decade, and this was his first experience using the services. “I had always envisioned being airlifted from the Amazon while fishing, although now feel just as grateful knowing Global Rescue has my back for anything, albeit the flu,” he said.

Hanna, who later returned home safely to Dallas, recommends all travelers become Global Rescue members, “since Global Rescue’s likely purpose will be for what you least expected.”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg