Wheels Up in 9 weeks, here is my checklist...

Tanks

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I reworked my Safari checklist for the current conditions and the 21 day hunt I will have in Zimbabwe. I usually pack everything and check it off the "completed" column a couple of days before leaving. I do weigh it just in case, but usually quite a bit under the limits. PCR test result will be the day of. Here it is.

1621553494690.png

1621553554513.png

Nice thorough list, good luck on your hunt.

I am going to have to try an make one of these lists someday. :E Shrug:

Great list. I just got a new Rand's hat, I think it will be going on its first trip to Africa next month.

Great list. I just got a new Rand's hat, I think it will be going on its first trip to Africa next month.
Best hats in the world! I have four. They look great wherever real men carry real guns. :A Way To Go:

I only have two. I might order more later, they are addictive. I wear hats anytime I am out of the house and get compliments on them from clients etc. all the time. This is the one going to Zimbabwe with me.
1621563352733.png
1621563376002.png

Best hats in the world! I have four. They look great wherever real men carry real guns.

Nice thorough list. Well done!
I would only suggest as much as possibe 1, 5, 10 USD dollar bills, and less 20 usd bills.

I like to pack the night before just so I cause myself some drama, great choice on Rand Hatters, Billings, MT and two underwear in the carry on, just never know do ya? Lol. Best of luck

I only have two. I might order more later, they are addictive. I wear hats anytime I am out of the house and get compliments on them from clients etc. all the time. This is the one going to Zimbabwe with me.
View attachment 403076View attachment 403077

Rand makes a wonderful hat. Why am I not surprised our tastes are similar. This one will travel with me to Zambia.

I truly do wish that I had the self-discipline to follow a checklist. Just more comfortable winging it. :rolleyes: But we'll both look great.

rand hat.jpg

Nice thorough list. Well done!
I would only suggest as much as possibe 1, 5, 10 USD dollar bills, and less 20 usd bills.
I hear you. However, there is still nothing quite like the power of a US 20.

Bit of a hat nut myself, but must admit to not having heard of the Rand hat before. I have been wearing Stetson fedora's for a couple of years, fur felt. I like the older 30's and 40's style like Bogey would wear, and Stetson makes several of that style, love 'em.

I reworked my Safari checklist for the current conditions and the 21 day hunt I will have in Zimbabwe. I usually pack everything and check it off the "completed" column a couple of days before leaving. I do weigh it just in case, but usually quite a bit under the limits. PCR test result will be the day of. Here it is.

View attachment 403065

View attachment 403066
Yay for the Birkenstocks! Bringing mine as well in two weeks ;)

btw, do not forget a supply of surgical masks/cotton masks for the travel to and fro... seems like this will be a part of the essentials for the foreseeable future.

Interesting how different people's minds work differently. Cool to see a comprehensive list like this. For me, I've been a few times now, so I go off memory and what I know I need and don't need. I guess my list is in my mind.

Now I usually pack the week before, so no stress the day or two before departure like I used to do.

Interesting how different people's minds work differently. Cool to see a comprehensive list like this. For me, I've been a few times now, so I go off memory and what I know I need and don't need. I guess my list is in my mind.

Now I usually pack the week before, so no stress the day or two before departure like I used to do.

I would forget stuff. Heck, the other day I dreamt I was in Zimbabwe at camp and realized I had forgotten to pack my ammo. I was hustling like crazy to secure ammo in my dream. After I woke up I actually went downstairs and turned on the computer to make sure ammo was on my list. :ROFLMAO:

A portable charging bank for cell phone and a small tube of super glue I’ve found very useful to pack too
I used to do that. After not using it on multiple international trips I quit carrying the charge bank. There is a charging station at every airport and airplanes, there is power at the camps and worst case I have a cigarette lighter plug which weighs a lot less.

You guys who pack at the last minute willy-nilly make give me anxiety. No way my OCD would let me get away with that.

I'm generally packed two weeks in advance of wheels up. I'll repack at least once, and a few days before wheels up I use my trusty spreadsheet to inventory everything again to ensure I haven't missed anything. I have three full sets of paperwork (most notarized), one in my carry on, one in my gun case, and one in my checked bag.

Yes, I use a packing spreadsheet. TBF, I use a spreadsheet for lots of stuff. It's even color-coded. Here's a preview:

1621616648851.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glucoslime

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.