What's the update on Covid-19 Regulations in South Africa - 2021/22

Salome

Reaction score
South Africa, Limpopo Province, Steenbokpan
Articles
Hunted
South Africa

So suddenly it's almost Christmas and another year flew by. You might have booked a safari for next year and you're wondering...what's the update on the Covid-19 pandemic in South Africa? Mask requirements? Vaccination requirements? Any new reguations for entering South Africa?​

images.jpg

The following is an extraction from Gazette 44124, 29 January 2021 (as amended by Gazette 44208, 1 March 2021 and Gazette 45379 of 22 October 2021)

IN SHORT:
1. YES, International flights to and from SA are permitted
2. A Traveller must profide a valid certificate *(document proving the result of the test) with a negative Covid-19 test outcome not more than 72 hours before date of travel. *(The same proses applies before departure) P.S no rapid test applies! only PCR test.
3. A passenger on a plane is required to wear a face mask at all times - unless there is an emergency.
4. Face masks are still mandatory in South Africa. *( Not wearing a mask is now a criminal offence)
5. A vaccination card/ immunity passport or "risk free certificate" means nothing in South Africa. Only negative Covid-19 results.

We can go in a lot of detail regarding this subject but the above rules is what's most important to know and understand for a Hunter travelling to South Africa. Unless the regulations gets ammended, these rules still apply.
Any other questions? Leave a comment below.

Please provide the link to the source information. That will allow members to ensure, for themselves, they have the correct information. If they wish.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm heading over in July and I'm hoping things calm down a bit before then but I'm going either way lol . Just have to jump through a few hoops lol

Just remember it is part of the process of traveling internationally. Use a travel agent that specializes in safari travel, their ability to get all the paperwork in place and streamline your trip is worth every dollar. I went to South Africa in Mar/apr 2021 and namibia aug 2021 and just give your self a little extra time to checkin and enjoy the trip. All the little bumps that occur along the way are part of the overall experience.

Guys honestly
Its not a big deal
I had around 25 international clients this year
All went amoothly
Do your tests in time
Allow an extra day hunting as you lose around half a day to get your
Pcr test for return trip, depending where u hunting, but otherwise
Its not a big hassle and your outfitter should have things lined up

Book your flights and come and hunt guys
Im waiting for you!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross