What's the hunting gear you can't live without?

Brickburn-
some of us are more electronically challenged than the "younger set" and with a book I can thumb up a page real quick with LOTS of pictures to compare rather than wait for the damn phone to come alive. BTW I throw my phone away in the tent when I hit camp and the batteries never need recharging in the book. I also use a 15 yr old Gamin GPS 12 for all over the world AND unlike most Garmins It has no limit on speed so I can put it up in the window in flight to Africa and find where we are and how fast we're going if the inflight stuff isn't working :) Sometimes I do have to tell if what country I'm in so it'll find the right signals.

Brickburn-
some of us are more electronically challenged than the "younger set" and with a book I can thumb up a page real quick with LOTS of pictures to compare rather than wait for the damn phone to come alive. BTW I throw my phone away in the tent when I hit camp and the batteries never need recharging in the book. I also use a 15 yr old Gamin GPS 12 for all over the world AND unlike most Garmins It has no limit on speed so I can put it up in the window in flight to Africa and find where we are and how fast we're going if the inflight stuff isn't working :) Sometimes I do have to tell if what country I'm in so it'll find the right signals.

I have lots of those book things.... When you drag a 14 year old kid along its always good to have a tool they can use in their world. APPS

GPS12 is an awesome tool. Not so much detail, but you are always "found". I still have one for backup.

SMS, is always a great way to get news fast across a group in the hunting area or call the truck.
Radios or phones are always in use anyway by the PH and trackers.

I put my phone on vibrate.... or just like you, throw it in a bag in the room and away I go.

As a bow hunter i always take extra releases with me (3) When ever i hunt anywhere away from home or a shop...like others have said, most camps have extra equipment to use, however releases are very specific to each hunter.
And when hunting in SA ive always taken 2 bows and put in a lot of practice with both of them.
theres also some good SA bird and insect apps for your phone and ipad..last trip i took my ipad as some of these apps dont need internet service. Was in blinds so i didnt have to worry about beating my ipad up bouncing around in a truck all day. But books are still good..lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanRigby4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you