What's Next For Dakota Arms?

They were already having serious problems meeting commitments. Hopefully someone will pluck them out of the mess and get them back on their feet!

They were already having serious problems meeting commitments. Hopefully someone will pluck them out of the mess and get them back on their feet!
Yes I hope so. They are about the best thing going in the USA if you want a really nice rifle.

Hendershot's still has a nice supply...3 of them in DG calibers.

I took a serious look at a used one there years ago.
I already had my CZ back from AHR so wasn't really in the market at the time.
It was a pre-2009 rifle (ie before Remington) and I should have picked it up.
It had two stocks that the original owner had wanted.
The wood was amazing and the synthetic was really nice as well.
I believe it was chambered in 416RIGBY, but I can't be certain.

IMO, they were a better company before Remington.
It would be a shame if the poor management of Rem caused them to be cut.

Hendershot's still has a nice supply...3 of them in DG calibers.

I took a serious look at a used one there years ago.
I already had my CZ back from AHR so wasn't really in the market at the time.
It was a pre-2009 rifle (ie before Remington) and I should have picked it up.
It had two stocks that the original owner had wanted.
The wood was amazing and the synthetic was really nice as well.
I believe it was chambered in 416RIGBY, but I can't be certain.

IMO, they were a better company before Remington.
It would be a shame if the poor management of Rem caused them to be cut.
I've got my eye on a 76 in 375 H&H. It's like new with a Swarovski Habicht 1.25-4×24 scope in Talley QD rings. It was built in 2003. Test fired only. Beautiful wood. $5750.00 shipped. Seems like a great deal.

I've got my eye on a 76 in 375 H&H. It's like new with a Swarovski Habicht 1.25-4×24 scope in Talley QD rings. It was built in 2003. Test fired only. Beautiful wood. $5750.00 shipped. Seems like a great deal.
Don't be sleeping on it...could miss out while you are typing.
However I do believe you should upgrade the rings to EAW or Recknage rings.

Don't be sleeping on it...could miss out while you are typing.
However I do believe you should upgrade the rings to EAW or Recknage rings.
Yea, I'm trying to talk myself into needing it. Haha! I like the Talley mounts ok. Not sure about the scope though. I'm not crazy about 30mm scopes, as they are overly heavy for a 1.25-4 scope. But I'm sure it's a good scope.

@TOBY458 Contact Gulf Breeze Firearms in Gulf Breeze Florida. Duke McCaa has been the primary Dakota dealer for many years. 850-932-4857. He should know any and all of the latest info on Dakota rifles.

@TOBY458 Contact Gulf Breeze Firearms in Gulf Breeze Florida. Duke McCaa has been the primary Dakota dealer for many years. 850-932-4857. He should know any and all of the latest info on Dakota rifles.

And he’s a great guy to boot!

What's next for Dakota Arms?

Insolvency.

I called them 4 times recently leaving 4 different voicemails indicating I was interested in buying product on hand. If you're a company clawing for survival this is literally the very best phone call you can receive. Someone is willing to pay you immediately in full for a product already in inventory that may have been a demo, a return, or a blemished product. When you have huge free cash flow problems and your parent just went bankrupt, you jump at these opportunities.

Lack of response indicates to me that they've already checked out mentally. This was the same symptom I noted in prior years as they were going through their many bankruptcies.

I think anyone that puts a deposit on a custom gun right now is making a huge mistake. Yes, they just went bankrupt so they can't take your money and go bankrupt again. However, they can delay-delay-delay on completing your product and then file for bankruptcy once more as soon as the statue permits. Or, a judge can deem them insolvent and force them to stop trading.

If its not in stock, I'd walk.

What's next for Dakota Arms?

Insolvency.

I called them 4 times recently leaving 4 different voicemails indicating I was interested in buying product on hand. If you're a company clawing for survival this is literally the very best phone call you can receive. Someone is willing to pay you immediately in full for a product already in inventory that may have been a demo, a return, or a blemished product. When you have huge free cash flow problems and your parent just went bankrupt, you jump at these opportunities.

Lack of response indicates to me that they've already checked out mentally. This was the same symptom I noted in prior years as they were going through their many bankruptcies.

I think anyone that puts a deposit on a custom gun right now is making a huge mistake. Yes, they just went bankrupt so they can't take your money and go bankrupt again. However, they can delay-delay-delay on completing your product and then file for bankruptcy once more as soon as the statue permits. Or, a judge can deem them insolvent and force them to stop trading.

If its not in stock, I'd walk.
That definitely sounds bad. The rifle I'm looking at is 17 years old. However, I've almost talked myself out of it now. I just don't need a third 375, and really don't want to sell either of my current 375's due to them having a lot of interesting animals/hunts to their credit. If only it was a 404....

That definitely sounds bad. The rifle I'm looking at is 17 years old. However, I've almost talked myself out of it now. I just don't need a third 375, and really don't want to sell either of my current 375's due to them having a lot of interesting animals/hunts to their credit. If only it was a 404....
I have a model 76 traveler in 330 and 404 Dakota I would be willing to sell.

They're mighty fine rifles. I almost bought a .375 H&H Dakota Arms from a guy on Gun Broker. Deal fell through over price haggling. I went out and bought a Blaser R8 instead.

BeeMaa is happy now! LOL!!!!

Please don't forget us peons with normal bolt guns!

I can feel @TOBY458 taking line off the spool as we speak.
But is the hook set?

@BigSteve57 and I have talked on a few occasions.
He has a Kilombero with gorgeous wood.
I should show my wood er... Blaser in the Show us your Blaser thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MollieTwop

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg