AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Canada, South Africa
Finally after a year and a half of waiting, out trophies arrived from our 2016 hunt with @Pawprint Safaris. The work was done by Relive Taxidermy in Port Elizabeth, and cleared in Edmonton by Talon Distribution. I'm currently out of town working, and due to life it will be a while before I get a chance to lay my hands on them, so I told my dad to go ahead and open the crate without me.

IMG_1997.JPG
IMG_1996.JPG

NICE!!! Congrats, I know you guys are stoked!!

Congrats, they look good!

Ya it'll be nice to see them up close!

I know how it feels to have problems with the shippers, taxidermist, etc. my last trip to Africa took about a year and three months not as bad as yours.
You just want to complain to everyone when the time to get your trophies back ends up being longer than what you know it should be. But you don't want to drag the companies through the mud.

Tom

It all came together in the end. A few hiccups along the way on everyone's end, but nothing major. Everything made it, and that's all that matters!

I am waiting on 4 crates to ship this week. These pics are great. Congrats. I am jealous.

Great looking trophies.

Very nice!!!

The mounts look great and your dad seems happy seeing them.

I know finding that second kudu 4 or 5 month later that your dad shot but not found on your hunt was part of the wait. I was glad my group was there when it was found. The 4 or 5 month that added to your wait seems worth it looking at your dads mount.

Like you said working through a few problem in the end was not to bad. The mounts will bring back some good memories once you have them hanging back in your house.

The mounts look great and your dad seems happy seeing them.

I know finding that second kudu 4 or 5 month later that your dad shot but not found on your hunt was part of the wait. I was glad my group was there when it was found. The 4 or 5 month that added to your wait seems worth it looking at your dads mount.

Like you said working through a few problem in the end was not to bad. The mounts will bring back some good memories once you have them hanging back in your house.

It was a pleasant surprise then I got the email that the kudu had been found. Just goes to show that Pieter looks after his clients even once the hunt has ended!

It was crazy how they found it looking for another wounded kudu. LOL Once back at camp Prop knew it was your dads by the shape of the horns. It was over 2 miles from were your dad had shot it on your trip

You both got great kudu that trip. I want to see a picture once you have it up in the house to.

Awesome! Congrats! That's a heck of a kudu you got.

Nice...congrats !

Really glad they're home!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smithcaterine92

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg