What Watch do you wear when you hunt?

On the rare occasion I wear a watch hunting, it's the same G-Shock I wear for work. And I don't take my cellphone hunting, an added benefit of hunting is getting away from that darn thing. Besides, usually no cell service where I hunt anyway.

I wear one of these. Tritium is easy to see at night and while it is cheap, it looks even cheaper :).

WW194003-BK-IMG1-Hero_2000x@2x.progressive.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Rolex Explorer II Black on Newman Strap when I am being bojee. Garmin Fenix6 when not (or when I need backup GPS).

Whence forth they change the name to AfricaTimekeeping.com I'll be certain to agree with all (by virtue of silence)! :p Maybe wear one on each wrist?? I have a love of hunting. A good sense of direction and the position of the sun has paid dividends for me in and out of the field. That, and the PH's watch. lol Twisting facts around like a Dem (i.e. suggesting hunting methods and equipment, that i stated something somewhere else-unsubstantiated) that was never part of my line of reasoning. Jewelry, for those who take pleasure in it. I'll do my own hunting, whether it with bow, muzzleloader, pistol or rifle! 'Nothing to do with a watch. :) Please mind your own skin, for it appears a bit thin...An informed opinion is a good thing. An informed opinion which irks someone, well, they might wish to face the facts, much like the Dems featured in the media. All good here. No ire raised, excepting some giggling...For I was the one that stated my opposed opinion, based upon fact, and should expect a certain fallout from those strongly attached to watches. It's ok. lol It proves my point and further I am amused! We realize we've boiled over a watch, yes? I'd hate to debate something substantive. :p

Upon further consideration, I'm going to wear this (strapped to my hat with belts from curio shops) from now on while hunting. It'll motivate me to stalk and bag intended game prior to it going off... $10K-akin to a starter rolex. View attachment 373374
I expected this type of response, then I read to the end, it just keeps going, going and going, time flies.

Whence forth they change the name to AfricaTimekeeping.com I'll be certain to agree with all (by virtue of silence)! :p Maybe wear one on each wrist?? I have a love of hunting. A good sense of direction and the position of the sun has paid dividends for me in and out of the field. That, and the PH's watch. lol Twisting facts around like a Dem (i.e. suggesting hunting methods and equipment, that i stated something somewhere else-unsubstantiated) that was never part of my line of reasoning. Jewelry, for those who take pleasure in it. I'll do my own hunting, whether it with bow, muzzleloader, pistol or rifle! 'Nothing to do with a watch. :) Please mind your own skin, for it appears a bit thin...An informed opinion is a good thing. An informed opinion which irks someone, well, they might wish to face the facts, much like the Dems featured in the media. All good here. No ire raised, excepting some giggling...For I was the one that stated my opposed opinion, based upon fact, and should expect a certain fallout from those strongly attached to watches. It's ok. lol It proves my point and further I am amused! We realize we've boiled over a watch, yes? I'd hate to debate something substantive. :p
This was not a debate... That's the part you still don't realize.

For duck hunting here in the USA knowing the time can be important. Shooting hours are carefully monitored in many places. I tried the Rolex Submariner on my right wrist, but it's weight affected my swing. Then the Tag Heuer Mikrogirder on the left, but it reflected brightly from the blind. Have now settled on a pocket watch in my breast pocket, a Patek Moonphase does the trick for me......still, I would not argue with those who prefer more expensive watches..........good shooting........FWB

"Oh, I fear we're down to 0 cartridges. Time to head back to camp!"

Cheap regular watch that I can set.

Since May or June, I usually wear everyday and also during the hunts Garmin Instinct Tactical.
It is a very well made "plastic" watch, I really enjoy it for the possibility to save GPS position very useful to save a blind or a tree stand or to mark the position of a boar during night hunting and because it is very resistant and easy to clean blood or mud.
I had purchased the tactical edition thanks to the NV features to use during the night hunting, but now I have understood they were unnecessary, then if I had to purchase another one I will take the black plain version.

Just a heads up, my Sunto underwhelmed my on my last trip. Completely fogged up which is ridiculous.

Just a heads up, my Sunto underwhelmed my on my last trip. Completely fogged up which is ridiculous.

Yes I was not a fan of my Traverse Alpha. That is where this thread began. I used the GPS mode as that was the big draw for me to the watch. I couldn't make it to lunch without it dying. Crazy considering anyone buy a GPS watch I imagine is planning on using it for days at least. Even the weekend warrior hiker needs a couple days of battery. Shame unfortunately.

I also had the Garmin Fenix which was a phenomenal battery life. But I faced many glitch issues and inaccurate data etc. So I realized best to stick to a hand held GPS unit built for the job. And just wear a proper watch, built for the job.

NOTICE to all of you ROLEX fans.

several years ago I was reviewing some police reports and came across one where a hot woman would pick-up some guy in a bar, they'd go to her room and get into some compromising situations. during the encounter accomplices would photograph and record the encounter. then the guy would be either blackmailed or a big guy would burst in and threaten the guy for being with his "wife".

What was the indicator that the woman would use to select a victim? They all were wearing Rolex watches.
Men who wear Rolex's attract women of all sorts.

Disagree. Smartwatches are a passing fad worn primarily by middle aged and older people who can't make the transition to just using their phone. Case in point, none of my uni friends have one, but my uncle, my father, loads of my mothers friends, plenty of my work colleagues all have their little apple watches and shout about how 'hip' they are.

It's like the Ipad. Young adults and teenagers don't buy them, middle aged women do, desperately thinking that they're 'down with the kids'.

For many people of my age (I'm 24), a watch is not really seen as a practical thing. You want the time, again, check your phone. A watch therefore is a statement, a fashion accessory. If you want to wear one in that context, a high end piece is highly appealing, whereas an apple watch is just a rubbish phone.

The brands with market share amongst my peers who bother with a watch at all are the 'fashion watch' brands like Fossil, Armani, Boss. I expect that as they gain more disposable income over time, that'll transition into more established watch bands like Rolex.
We've found that the "younger" generations don't have an appreciation of many of the things that we've traditionally valued. For example, a friend, who recently passed away, attempted to sell really nice China, Crystal, dining room furniture, plus artwork, etc after her husband passed. She and her husband were both retired militarily (He was a dentist, she a nurse) and had collected valuable things throughout their overseas travels and assignments (Germany, Greece, Turkey, etc). She was only able to obtain cents on the dollar for their high value heirlooms. As a result, we're going to will our stuff to friends and relatives rather then have an estate sale. Just sayin'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg