What vaccinations needed for Namibia?

Biggdawg

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Izaak walton league of america
going to Namibia in june for my first safari, Where do I find out what vaccinations if any are needed?

does anyone know which ones are needed/required?

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

No vaccinations or International Health Certificate are required to enter Namibia, however we suggest that you visit the Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) for their recommendations for travel in Namibia.

CDC recommends that you see a health-care provider who specializes in Travel Medicine. Find a travel medicine clinic near you by clicking here. If you have a medical condition, you should also share your travel plans with any doctors you are currently seeing for other medical reasons.

Recommended Vaccinations Include:
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Typhoid
- Rabies
- Routine vaccination if you are not up-to-date including Influenza, Polio, MMR (measles/mumps/rubella) and DPT (diphtheria/pertussis/tetanus)

Malaria prophylactics medication is recommended for visitors to some parts of the country, ask your hunting outfitter and we suggest that you visit the Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) for their recommendations for travel in Namibia as mosquitoes in this country are resistant to some antimalarial drugs.

The CDC is most credible online resource for up to date health information. Click here to visit the section dedicated to Traveler's Health specific to Namibia. Information about vaccinations, diseases, prevention, tips and much more can be found here.

Malaria Map of Namibia
Click here to enlarge Namibia malaria map.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try the CDC.gov website, make sure you check with your own doctor Where are you going in Namibia? It makes a difference as far as Malaria treatment goes. We make sure our tetanus is up to date. We do Hepatitis B also. We did, a couple of years ago, re-up our polio booster just on general principle. If you go north in Namibia (Caprivi Strip) you will want to do a malaria regime. Malaria pills start several weeks before you go so start early if you need it.
Now tell us where you are going and what you want to hunt. We're listening.

We are going to 3 ranches all Windhoek or south, khomas Highlands, kalahari area by keetmanshoop, and karas hunting area between keetmanshoop and grunau.

I will try to find a local doctor -- haven't been to a doctor in many many years -- don't get sick -- yet

I am hunting with Kalahari Hunting Safaris Namibia Africa - Home

I am doing a plains game hunt -- my first trip to africa, Kudu, Gemsbok, and Impala are my top 3 with zebra and warthog on the list also.

this place has been invaluable, i have been learning a lot.

In case you want some more reading in health subjects and Namibia.

WHO | Namibia

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PWA703

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.