What type of lawyer do I need?

John J

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
I have had 2 crates in limbo since the beginning of the year from Zimbabwe, sitting in CO. I'm leaving things vague incase I do need to pursue this legally. The taxidermist is a disaster, the broker has been helpful till now. US Fish and Wildlife do not return phone calls. I am paying for storage I never approved of or agreed to, if I want my animals. There are 20 people in my situation, any help would be appreciated. If someone knows what type of lawyer to look up, or one that can be recommended in Denver CO, I'll get in contact with them. Thanks, John

Hi John! I'd love to chat and hear about this situation. Not sure if we can help but we will certainly get the details and see if there is a solution. I'll send you a PM.

No better attorney to call than Nathan Andersohn (yes that's the spelling) in Broomfield, CO. He is a friend and a serious hunter. Hunts with a stick bow all over North America and is always at the WSF Sheep Show. Send me a PM and I will give you his office phone number.

Before going the lawyer route, get a good freight agent/customs broker to look into it. I had a friend that had his shipment seized by the US federallies. Innocent mistake: Namibian outfitter assumed the guy's son had same last name and did the paperwork as such. The son was actually a step son and had a different last name. Last names didn't match the passports and everything came to a halt. Things got tied up for weeks, over Thanksgiving didn't help either. Storage fees add up.

Los jueces y los abogados están equivocados, las armas no están mal.
Devil Anse Hatfield

Last edited:
Spoke to Trophy Shippers and appreciate him reaching out with advice and possibly to help. Once I named some names and all involved realized I'm doing my own leg work the ball started to roll. I spoke or emailed every person involved today. The lawyer was a last ditch effort if all else failed. This is quite the horrible learning experience, I just hope there is no bug or rodent damage. I appreciate the advice and offers. I think I will reach out and PM for some info incase I need it. I plan to do a full write up with emails as supporting documents so others know of the business practices and doings around that area. People say Africa is a backwards place, that was the smoothest part of my shipment. John

A good one.

Joking aside, I would contact Conservation Force and see if they can help with your problem.

I am helping John. He should have his shipment anytime now. It’s not a USFWS issue although the USFWS did have to clear the shipment. It’s a taxidermist/broker problem. Change of ownership with no follow up by either. Poor business practices. Once he has his stuff, I am sure he will post a message. I had a similar issue with them last year but I didn’t have storage fees. I got my stuff and took it elsewhere.

Better call Saul...........

1599063310948.png

Broker says the crates will be delivered to the taxidermist tomorrow. Yesterday they told me today. We will see if they show up. The storage bill isn't as bad as I was dreading. I did speak to the warehouse myself and the guy understood that if I wanted my property the bill was going to be paid personally. Glad to report even though another month of storage was accrued the negotiated price hasn't moved. Hopefully this is reflected when I see the final bill. I did get valuable info from Scott, and I appreciate it. An elite club we are in isn't it? John

Better a snag with those guys than USFWS.. don't ask me how I know these things...just count your blessings!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg