What type and brand of cell phone do you use?

Badjer

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Hunted
U.S., (WI, MI, NM, ID, TX) Mexico, RSA
Here in the USA the 3 major networks (AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile) are phasing out the 3G phone signal.
I found out this week by losing the ability to call or receive calls, that my phone is 3G even though I have read it's 4G LTE. --Samsung Galaxy S7
I am debating on going back to a non-smartphone. Talk, Text, and Camera only
My last 2 phones were also IP68 rated for durability because of the sometimes-harsh environments I have found myself in. (S7 and Casio Boulder)
What types of phones do you use? Have you gone non-smartphone? Do you consider the IP68 rating? How do you like what you have?
-Jeff

Last edited:
I use iPhone. I would think it’s at least 50% market in USA. I’ve had several, sometimes two for work and personal use. I’ve never broken one but always put a good case immediately. Camera is excellent. I think you’d be making a mistake going back to a call/text only phone if you want to travel. The smart phone gives so many options. The first things to come to mind are you can get flight updates/change flights, use WhatsApp, call and text over WiFi.

New Galaxy phones are highly water resistant. I put mine in swim trunks over the summer and got in pool without thinking. About 10 minutes later I realized it and simply took it out of my pocket, let it air dry for an hour or so while I was still in pool, and it worked no problems.

Almost impossible to get away from smart phones these days.

I have an IPhone 8, and will continue to use it until it no longer works. Until 2019 I had an old flip phone. I never minded only having a flip phone, and preferred it that way, but doubt I ever go back. They are so handy, to be able to look up directions, answers to questions, email, and of course Africa hunting.com.

Until 2017 I too had a flip phone. I have had my IPhone 7 since then. Having the world at your fingertips with a smartphone and the www is not something I would give up and go back to a flip phone.

Have a Samsung fold 3, I would not recommend it. I have broken it 3X in 2 months. Screens are 550.00 each pop.

If I were to do it again I would get the latest Note.

I've been using a Samsung Galaxy A42 for the past year and have had zero problems with it. I also have a good case and a screen protector for it.

Personally I will never use a Apple product if it can be advoided, but that's me.

My biggest gripe with all smart phones is the inability for the consumer to replace the battery easily.

I also will never go back to just talk and text

I currently use an iPhone 11 Pro Max, I don’t like the phone… thinking of moving to android.
Maybe Samsung.

I've been using a Samsung Galaxy A42 for the past year and have had zero problems with it. I also have a good case and a screen protector for it.

Personally I will never use a Apple product if it can be advoided, but that's me.

My biggest gripe with all smart phones is the inability for the consumer to replace the battery easily.

I also will never go back to just talk and text
How’s the camera? The AI ?
and I’ve heard too things about the overall screen display.

I'll be the oddball: never owned one. At all. I catch grief from my daughters aaalllll the time. :rolleyes:

Living in AK, and going on fly out hunts, I do have an older model Iridium sat phone. It has never let me down.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-08 at 10.23.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-08 at 10.23.46 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
How’s the camera? The AI ?
and I’ve heard too things about the overall screen display.
For my eye the camera is fine, but if I actually plan on taking a picture I'll drag out a actual camera.

If you mean artificial intelligence as in AI I don't use half of what the phone is capable of.

Here in the USA the 3 major networks (AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile) are phasing out the 3G phone signal.
I found out this week by losing the ability to call or receive calls, that my phone is 3G even though I have read it's 4G LTE. --Samsung Galaxy S7
I am debating on going back to a non-smartphone. Talk, Text, and Camera only
My last 2 phones were also IP68 rated for durability because of the sometimes-harsh environments I have found myself in. (S7 and Casio Boulder)
What types of phones do you use? Have you gone non-smartphone? Do you consider the IP68 rating? How do you like what you have?
-Jeff
I use Verizon iPhone. There are two resons. Firstly its the only carrier that give me some service on my ranch although nothing in my home. The other reason is Verizon iPhone has always been able to talk and text on wifi. I dont have to use Whatsapp. The new ones have spectacular cameras so on safari I no longer take a camera.

I'll be the oddball: never owned one. At all. I catch grief from my daughters aaalllll the time. :rolleyes:

Living in AK, and going on fly out hunts, I do have an older model Iridium sat phone. It has never let me down.
I hear the service reception on tha things is very good.
Something apple needs to work on.

For my eye the camera is fine, but if I actually plan on taking a picture I'll drag out a actual camera.

If you mean artificial intelligence as in AI I don't use half of what the phone is capable of.
My daughter taught my how to use the apple AI, I can ask it for the time and also to set my alert. I find it useful.

My daughter taught my how to use the apple AI, I can ask it for the time and also to set my alert. I find it useful.
I need a teenager to teach me those kind of tricks, I just tried it for the first time and it told me the time and set a alarm for 30 minutes

An IPhone 6, I need it to last a few more years, after retirement I think I will go back to a flip phone and divorce myself from the ignorance of the world.

I use a 14 Pro Max and couldn’t be happier. Camera is awesome and BaseMap is excellent for hunting. And now has emergency satellite messaging. I still carry a true sat phone in the wilds as well.

Motorola 5G Ace with T-Mobile. Can use it in RSA with free texting, wi-fi calling and can use whatever carrier there uses without changing out the sim card. Had a Samsung years ago and it went TU in less than a year. Fast forward ten years, bought one of their top end Galaxy units. It lasted a week and while I was on vacation. NEVER again.

I've got a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra.

Works fine, best battery life I've had from a smartphone, quick, plenty durable enough and waterproof.

I've got absolutely no time for anything Apple makes and I've had Samsung phones for the last 10 years, so was a fairly easy choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,