What to hunt on next Safari?

Fallow deer, ostrich, Common reedbuck and klipspringer but there are lots of animals you have already taken that I would hunt every trip to the east cape. . .

Not sure how you feel about the color variants but there are different gemsbucks, wildebeests and impalas you could hunt as well. I would like take a saddle back impala on my next trip for example. But is that isnt your thing that’s fine too-lots if endemic east cape species to hunt. You can hunt oribi there with some advance planning. I saw an aardwolf, don’t want to shoot one but they are there with bat eared foxes and some other interesting smaller stuff-

You have taken a nice list of animals but missing a Niassa Wilderbeast. If a lost one chances by shoot it. If not I like the sand grouse or any other bird shoot.

Reactions: cls
See my above comments, you guys shouldn't assume that I've only hunted south Africa

I made no such assumption, I merely told you what I would recommend. Do with it what you will.

@cls - may I ask you which outfitter you're going with? That may help with my recommendation!

Lots of duiker and steenbok

You already have pretty much filled a complete bucket list of animals and trend color variants. Seems like you already know that you want, where you are going and are looking for opinions that agree with yours.

You already have pretty much filled a complete bucket list of animals and trend color variants. Seems like you already know that you want, where you are going and are looking for opinions that agree with yours.
More or less true, I do have an outfitter plus area and a couple three animals I would like to hunt. Just looking for something different to hunt. I really like the idea of Caracal with dogs, never thought of aoudad or a day shooting sand grouse sounds fun.

Bushpig and caracal with hounds; steenbock I didn't see on your list. I think hunting sand grouse sounds pretty interesting as well (I enjoy hunting mourning doves). It's hard to come up with new animals, your list of animals taken already is fairly extensive. Vaal Rhebuck hunt for certain-that's one I want to hunt also. Good luck with whatever you decide!

Thanks to all for taking the time to comment and make suggestions. Definitely a lot of things I had not thought about. Will let you all know how it turns out.

Sandgrouse is not available in the Eastern Cape, however I would recommend Grey-wing francolin - it represents the pinnacle of wingshooting in South Africa. It will have to be between 1 May - 31 July and will most likely be over English Pointers.

See the link below for the latest Eastern Cape hunting proclamation, your targeted species will determine the timing of your trip.

Attachments

• Eastern Cape Provincial Hunting Proclamation 2022.pdf
    915.6 KB · Views: 57
Thanks for the information @RockSlinger404 I will check it out. I'm not adverse to traveling around to make it work.

You gotta get a zebra , and bush pig and all the night animals are fun. Steen buck in great idea too. Oryx really didn't interest me until I saw them in RSA. Next time I'll be after one of those , also giraffe and nyala.

hunt the blue duiker.....you will be surprised at your level of excitement when one of these nervous little guys shows up......

You might want consider some of the night kritters in addition to your expanding list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.