What the international energy agency has planned for us all.....

Regulations and controls are fine and necessary when backed by hard science. It's when the corrupt politicians and the activists with their emotional raving become involved that cause the problems. They get some hairbrained notion and blat and bellow until they overrule the science, not taking into consideration the side effects of their stupidity.
I've never yet read a regulation that wasn't written by, and wanted by, the existing big players in a given market. It helps to keep young upstarts out of their space. And every single regulation opens a wider door for potential abuse and corruption. It stands to reason that if a politician/bureaucrat has no authority over an activity, he cannot be bribed to grant a favor WRT that activity.

Not trying to heap scorn on you or @ZG47 , trying to raise awareness that the very existence of regulation creates the corruption and abuse potentials. It is simply contradictory to advocate for more regulation and then cry "foul" because of the corruption which followed it with the monotonous predictability of gravity. Regulation and corruption are merely the 2 sides of the same coin.

AFAIK, the only regulations which have mostly seemed to work out for the benefit of all concerned is regulated hunting. But even that's subject to politicization. Look at what's happening in the UK right now because of Boris Johnson's family.

2 years ago or so cali said no diesel trucks allowed after 2040. But no other states said that. It will be hard to enforce while still producing petroleum burning vehicles.
I see it being a far off law?
@Ike85123
That's fine for so cali. Just dump all their freight at the border and let them come and pick it up. After a week other amount of freight will make the Mexican wall look like a picket fence.
Bob

Regulations and controls are fine and necessary when backed by hard science. It's when the corrupt politicians and the activists with their emotional raving become involved that cause the problems. They get some hairbrained notion and blat and bellow until they overrule the science, not taking into consideration the side effects of their stupidity.
With you on that.

Natural gas is the cleanest and cheapest energy we have. It’s basically free at $2. They will use electricity produced by coal instead!

Natural gas is the cleanest and cheapest energy we have. It’s basically free at $2. They will use electricity produced by coal instead!
I would only correct that by saying LFTR would be the cleanest and cheapest source of energy, but we know how the lefties are about nuclear power.

I have always maintained that efficient energy (being BTU dense) is clean energy. All you have to do is look at the fuel requirement differential for "biomass" electricity generation vs everything else. It isn't even close, yet we keep opening more biomass plants. Totally effing stupid.

I would only correct that by saying LFTR would be the cleanest and cheapest source of energy, but we know how the lefties are about nuclear power.

I have always maintained that efficient energy (being BTU dense) is clean energy. All you have to do is look at the fuel requirement differential for "biomass" electricity generation vs everything else. It isn't even close, yet we keep opening more biomass plants. Totally effing stupid.
Too right. Biomass makes sense when you have on-site waste to dispose of and/or where fuel/environmental costs of imported fuel or electricity are excessive but it will never be more than a local expedient solution.

100% correct. And they're back to clear cutting to provide fuel for them.

even SYP takes about 16 or 17 years to mature enough to harvest. hardwoods take even longer. we're going to need to put more land in timber if we're going to continue along this route. Hopefully common sense grabs hold, but there's too much money at stake for politicians, bureaucrats, and their cronies for that to happen.

more moral dilemmas for the Self Righteous Virtue Signalers...

According to Dr. John Robson (and I happen to find him credible), the UK recently discovered that 40% (at least) of their solar panels came from honest-to-God slave labor in China, as in people who are kept locked in cages for no crime.

Just saw this and thought I'd share:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross