What stocks are you trading today

suggested new occupation for young people to cash-in....Voter Therapy!

Sold most two weeks ago. Bought some oil, and that hit the take profit threshold with a 50% gain. I'll wait a bit longer before buying back in. All the sanctions, and companies pulling out of Russia will have a knock on effect, apart from the effect of the fear of war on the market, and some of these effects aren't that clear yet. Oil (although I'd probably wait for the current peak to come down a bit before buying back in again), gas, defence stocks, precious metals seem pretty safe bets at the moment though. The gas prices on domestic markets in Europe has skyrocketed, it hasn't really yet on the international market. It's climbing, but not as much as oil. Prices of wheat will go up as well. Both Ukraine and Russia are large producers, and Ukraine is losing the season, while Russia likely won't export much to the western world (vs China and maybe Africa). A wheat shortage will drive the price of wheat up, but will also affect prices of other things (corn, potatoes) to make up for the shortage of starch.

Hope no one here holds FTX. I have stayed away from crypto because I basically have not been able to wrap my head around its value proposition. Investment in things with a balance sheets give me comfort. :E Shrug: This seems to be Madoff level of client funds mismanagement.

Hope no one here holds FTX. I have stayed away from crypto because I basically have not been able to wrap my head around its value proposition. Investment in things with a balance sheets give me comfort. :E Shrug: This seems to be Madoff level of client funds mismanagement.

I became a real fan of crypto about two years ago, and even made a few bucks on Bitcoin and Ethereum; however, since then I have lost much of that faith, partly because of the implosions of multiple custodians and exchanges, and also because of the growing realizations that governments around the world are going to regulate the hell out of crypto. I still believe that most of the world will eventually conduct everyday commerce using some sort of blockchain-based cryptocurrency, but most likely those will still be government-controlled fiat currencies. It remains to be seen if Bitcoin, as the original gold standard of crypto, will continue to be used as a store of value by any substantial portion of the world's investors. I for one am not so sure.

I picked up a bit more btc and eth on the FTX dump this morning. It could go lower but I figure in 3,5,10 years picking up btc below 18k should be golden. Been adding to position this summer from 22k down. In the early days of this thread and the covid dump/rebound I was getting btc from 4200-6800 and eth from 142-450.

The USD has debased over 90% in my lifetime and it is falling faster now. Doubt I could do much worse. I certainly don't want to be stuck in a world of fiat based digital currencies.

I figure crypto will be like the dotcom bust with 95% of companies going out of business. Just want to pick up quality like amazon/google/ebay.

The crypto I have faith in at the moment are btc, eth and link.

Have picked up some more physical silver and a bit of physical gold this summer/early fall in case things really fall apart.

Debt and equities have been bad this year. Looks like we are having a rebound. Not sure if this will be long term or a bull run in a bear market. With logistics/shipping companies doing so bad 2023 doesn't look real promising for equities. As I have said before, the debt markets and the derivatives markets scare me. If we loose them the financial system as we know it completely changes.

Well money can't buy happiness. But it can buy cows.... And cows are pretty much the same thing.

So I say to hell with the Bulls and Bears and I just buy cows;)

Well money can't buy happiness. But it can buy cows.... And cows are pretty much the same thing.

Dang Bob I've been waiting for your operation to IPO.

I’m not into crypto at all but with what Biden has done to inflation, maybe I should be.

If cows work for you Bob that is terrific.
Had a neighbor who had a few he could not keep home. The would walk through his fence and come feed on my food plots.
I told them that was why I personally prefer my investments don’t have legs.
I did have pics on my phone of this one old rip that was a real problem. Took them while bow hunting.
looks like I deleted them all.

If cows work for you Bob that is terrific.
Had a neighbor who had a few he could not keep home. The would walk through his fence and come feed on my food plots.
I told them that was why I personally prefer my investments don’t have legs.
I did have pics on my phone of this one old rip that was a real problem. Took them while bow hunting.
looks like I deleted them all.
Yea good fences make good neighbors. We have one of those who seems to think our feed bunks are free range

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!