What stocks are you trading today

Not that different than Redleg, I’m heavy in metals. I put trailing stop losses on all my equities and they’ve all kicked out except one:

Olin. The execs were buying shares which I found favorable. They make ammo for the gov’t which seems to be in need. They make winchester ammo. And they weren’t grossly overvalued nor were they diversified into nonsense that isn’t Covid resistant.

You must be thrilled that the US Dollar is doing so poorly since that is why the gold prices are up.

I would be more excited if the US wasn’t such a joke to the rest of the world!
Everything is relative. Compared to 2008 it still is looking pretty good. And in what way is the US a joke economically?

The world markets are oversold. Real inflation is high. Sovereign debt is increasing. GDP is down.

Monetary policy created such irrationally low interest rates every little old lady that should have been in bonds instead went into equities seeking a return. So you have near 100% equity exposure at present.

The net result is there are very few bargains and thus I’m in cash and metals. I’ll buy my first tranche after a 20% correction, I’ll buy more if it goes down 40%. I’ll only leave metals and go all-in if we have a 50% correction. I believe it’s certainly possible, especially with 1/3rd if restaurants closed for good and work from home initiatives have eradicated corporate real estate occupancy rates. Add to that, the rent non payment rates are astronomical.

It’s a great time to be in cash and metals waiting for a buy signal on equities. It’s a terrible time to have total market exposure, especially since the market is totally flat since 2017 if you remove 5 companies: amzn tesla google Microsoft Apple.

Thought there might be price support at DOW 20,000. That didn't happen so not sure where a floor would be. I also don't really trust large up days right now. I can't tell if the momentum is good or if one of the massive players is caught in a short squeeze and calling Mnuchin for money.

Digital currencies have mirrored the stock market when it doesn't seem like they should. Digitals were probably a bubble also and needed some air released. Yesterday it looked like XBT might start separating from the DOW. Today it looked like they separated until the last 20 minutes of the equity market.

I stuck my toe in the water and picked up some XBT. For the last week it has been in a narrow range (relatively). If it breaks out north I will add to the position. If it breaks south I am out of it.

If equities wallow or fall some more, XBT may have some upside possibilities. I still am not big on digitals and wouldn't put a large percent of net worth in them. It just provides a trade that might run counter to the market.

We should resurrect this thread in a year. I am sure it will be good for a bunch of laughs.:D

Bought XBT in mid March at $5200. Have added to the position four times from 5.6k to 8k. Around the same time, bought ETH at $140 and have added to the position five times up to $215. Bought LINK at $3.50 and have added to the position six times up to $8.50. So far it has been a fun ride since the lows of March. At some point the ride will be over but as long as the government continues to debase the USD, these have a chance. This is a counter trade to the government printing money.

Everything is relative. Compared to 2008 it still is looking pretty good. And in what way is the US a joke economically?
Don't hold your breath waiting for an answer to that question... you'll turn blue!

So, about 4 years ago, I started a periodic buy of physical gold. It sits in a little chest in the safe - gotta love it. :Finger: Fondling a stock on line is very different. Anyway, after reaching basic investment goal (2 kg), I stopped about a 8 months ago. I feeling pretty smart right now. :giggle:

Good job!

As weird as markets are these days, there is quite a bit of assurance in the tangible.

Reactions: WAB
So, about 4 years ago, I started a periodic buy of physical gold. It sits in a little chest in the safe - gotta love it. :Finger: Fondling a stock on line is very different. Anyway, after reaching basic investment goal (2 kg), I stopped about a 8 months ago. I feeling pretty smart right now. :giggle:

I knew I should have listened to G. Gordon Liddy...............:giggle:

You must be thrilled that the US Dollar is doing so poorly since that is why the gold prices are up.

I would be more excited if the US wasn’t such a joke to the rest of the world!

Interesting statement to me..

The dollar isnt performing great right now.. but... almost no currencies are performing great right now.. Goldman Sachs reports (and has consistently reported) that its the second most "safe" currency in the world since 2017 though.. slightly behind the Yen.... and still well above all other developed nation currencies on the planet with the exception of the swiss franc, which has historically always performed well...

The NASDAQ is over 11000 this morning.. that is above where it was pre-covid, and is the highest its ever been right now..

The US economy is valued at $21.4T.. The Chinese economy is valued at $14.4T.. The 3rd largest economy, Japan sits at just over $5T

For what its worth, the economy of TX is just under $2T.. if Texas were an independent country, it would have the 10th largest economy in the world.. Its economy is bigger than both the economy of Canada, and South Korea..

California's economy, just over $3T, is larger than the economy of Germany and of India.. If California were a country its economy would be the 5th largest in the world..

How exactly is the US an economic joke?

Last edited:

Agreed, coming out of this mess I believe that the US will outperform all other economies in the world and I am investing accordingly.

Nikola (NKLA) up about 40% today with announcing a deal with GM.

Too bad I don't own any, but been watching this as an alternative to overpriced Tesla.

465 hp and range of 600 miles. Just need more hydrogen refueling stations.

Nikola (NKLA) up about 40% today with announcing a deal with GM.

Too bad I don't own any, but been watching this as an alternative to overpriced Tesla.

465 hp and range of 600 miles. Just need more hydrogen refueling stations.

I bet a lot of people are wishing they had dumped Tesla last week and piled into Nikola.....

Looked for some 5.56/223 this week. :oops: Can't get it in the stores around here. Looked on the internet and it seems to be starting around $.70/round in bulk.

Not sure what it was in March but this has to be up x2 or possibly close to x3.

I definitely missed this opportunity.

I started shorting stocks when the initial Covid reports were announced in the US. My account grew more in 4 months than in 4 years. I had a grandfather who would sit and read stock reports in various publications when I was a kid. Probably the best thing that could have happened to me growing up was watching and listening to him speak about the economy; and always being mindful of a Buffet quote: “be greedy when everyone is fearful and fearful when everyone is greedy”. It has kept me in some good positions.

So a bump on this thread as it's been a few months and the markets have continued to be absolutely wild.

How's everyone getting on?

For my part, this has been a most excellent year from a financial perspective. In fact it's the first year where I've made more money from investments than I have from my day job. Does that make me a 'pro'? Probably not, but it's certainly a nice problem to have.

Things seem to be slowly getting back towards what I'd consider normal here on the FTSE. Stocks are trending back towards where I think they're fairly priced (lower than in January, but not the silliness of August) and I'm hopeful that this wave of inceased investor confidence might hold long enough to steady the ship and even generate some more gains going into early '21. Dividend yields continue to be crazy for some stocks (BP is 10%+ right now), which will surely correct one way or another, but I'm hoping the banks will go back to paying a dividend as soon as the Government restrictions lift to mitigate.

How's the US outlook?

I sold some shares of total stock market index when the s&p started breaking records. I'll keep my holding in the large mid and small cap value indexes. I feel the s&p index is over valued with it's large stack in the fang stocks.

So a bump on this thread as it's been a few months and the markets have continued to be absolutely wild.

How's everyone getting on?

For my part, this has been a most excellent year from a financial perspective. In fact it's the first year where I've made more money from investments than I have from my day job. Does that make me a 'pro'? Probably not, but it's certainly a nice problem to have.

Things seem to be slowly getting back towards what I'd consider normal here on the FTSE. Stocks are trending back towards where I think they're fairly priced (lower than in January, but not the silliness of August) and I'm hopeful that this wave of inceased investor confidence might hold long enough to steady the ship and even generate some more gains going into early '21. Dividend yields continue to be crazy for some stocks (BP is 10%+ right now), which will surely correct one way or another, but I'm hoping the banks will go back to paying a dividend as soon as the Government restrictions lift to mitigate.

How's the US outlook?
Like you, it has been an excellent year at my end. However, our stock market has been buoyed by the printing of vast quantities of US currency. On the one hand this should dilute the value of our investments. However, the US recovery and economy appears to be leading the globe, so the relative value of our currency in the world market should continue to strengthen. I really don't mean for this to sound nationalistic or offensive, but I would bet on US industrial strength against any other nation. If the government will just stay out of our way, we will get the job done.

Like you, it has been an excellent year at my end. However, our stock market has been buoyed by the printing of vast quantities of US currency. On the one hand this should dilute the value of our investments. However, the US recovery and economy appears to be leading the globe, so the relative value of our currency in the world market should continue to strengthen. I really don't mean for this to sound nationalistic or offensive, but I would bet on US industrial strength against any other nation. If the government will just stay out of our way, we will get the job done.

Well done!

Yeah, I think there's a general trend towards lots of currency depreciation world wide at present. I don't know how the US compares to the rest of the world in that regard, but I'd bet you're not the worst!

As for the US economy, you've no arguments here in the short to medium term. I'd bet on the US out to 2030, probably out to 2050, after that, who knows. I might also question what the strength of the correlation is between the US making, well, anything, and the relative strength of your economy. But that's a discussion for another time.

Well done!

Yeah, I think there's a general trend towards lots of currency depreciation world wide at present. I don't know how the US compares to the rest of the world in that regard, but I'd bet you're not the worst!

As for the US economy, you've no arguments here in the short to medium term. I'd bet on the US out to 2030, probably out to 2050, after that, who knows. I might also question what the strength of the correlation is between the US making, well, anything, and the relative strength of your economy. But that's a discussion for another time.

A very fair point sir! The market is an enigma. At one point in my career I was a senior officer in a fortune 50 company. We used to joke that in order to raise share price we simply needed to issue bad news. In the short term there was almost a reverse correlation between performance and market cap. In the long term performance ruled, with our market cap quadrupling over the course of five years.

Best of luck in your investments!

Last edited:
Bought BRYNA stock at $0.25 in March.

1606249071241.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanMatt

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg