What stocks are you trading today

I'm still overweight to what I normally am in bonds and waiting patiently, or sorta patiently. :p

Tesla has been on a tear the last 12 months. Wish I owned some, but don't. It's hard to figure the valuation.

upload_2020-7-13_13-20-52.png

Ditto with Spotify I reckon.

Lots of hype, lots of attention, little substance. Still wish I'd picked some up though!

I've not paid Tesla any attention recently. Are they profitable yet?

Al.

Tesla has been on a tear the last 12 months. Wish I owned some, but don't. It's hard to figure the valuation.

View attachment 357491

Generally speaking I am old fashion and need to see real profits. I am staying away from Tesla, as I'm not smart enough to figure the valuation out.

This is the only thing I own that I can't explain. I own it because my son probably spent 1,000 or so hours researching blockchain. He understands it and chose what he thought was the best blockchain company. He bought a decent number of units starting at $.42, a year and a half ago. It is the only thing he has ever recommended to me. I didn't get in where he did, or with near as significant an amount, but it has been a fun ride and it sounds like the next ten years may be a moonshot. In no way is this a recommendation. Just something that might be worth spending some time researching that may have a real chance to do something.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/chainlink/

Chainlink (LINK)
$7.28 USD (7.21%)

Then call me old fashioned, but their 'true' value is functionally zero (unless by some miracle they have more assets than debt)...

I honestly wish them all the best, but there is no way the current valuation is based on any logic or even realistic expectations of performance over the next 5 years.

They're shaking up the industry for sure and maybe the underlying tech is good, but they'd be overvalued at a quarter of their current price and I want no part in it.

Ah'm oot.

View attachment 357491

I bought a bunch on the dip Musk caused a few weeks ago. I think I was in around 700ish, then sold just at 900. Feel like a complete dumbass.

Generally speaking I am old fashion and need to see real profits. I am staying away from Tesla, as I'm not smart enough to figure the valuation out.

This is the only thing I own that I can't explain. I own it because my son probably spent 1,000 or so hours researching blockchain. He understands it and chose what he thought was the best blockchain company. He bought a decent number of units starting at $.42, a year and a half ago. It is the only thing he has ever recommended to me. I didn't get in where he did, or with near as significant an amount, but it has been a fun ride and it sounds like the next ten years may be a moonshot. In no way is this a recommendation. Just something that might be worth spending some time researching that may have a real chance to do something.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/chainlink/

Chainlink (LINK)
$7.28 USD (7.21%)

The best deal I have had in the last few years was someone convincing me to buy LTSS at a penny. I watched it shoot to 20 cents and then have watched it crash back to a nickel. It is either going to be worth a couple bucks in 3 years or zero, but I think I am going stay in and see.

Bond funds and mutual funds in America are going up. A safer bet. (spread out in things that are selling, watched like hawks by professionals) Best earnings in the last month since three months prior...by tomorrow a full recovery from the covid calamity and hopefully earnings season will begin again!

ndx futures - projected 11200-11800 that's all I trade

tsla will be hated by xmas

I swapped out a heavy match style stock for a GI stock on one of my M14's...:confused: does that count??:rolleyes:

Momma don't take my kodachrome away.............

(Bloomberg) -- Shares of Eastman Kodak Co. have leapt 2,441% higher this week, sending its market valuation to nearly $2 billion, after it won a government loan to help produce ingredients used in key generic medicines to fight the coronavirus.

Kodak, the storied photography giant whose business and shares were devastated by the switch to filmless cameras, gained as much as 655% on Wednesday, triggering at least six halts for volatility along the way. More than 110 million shares traded hands, more than 23 times its typical volume. The company’s value climbed to $1.99 billion as of 10:25 a.m. in New York, after closing on Friday shy of $100 million.

Kodak shares tripled on Tuesday on news of a $765 million loan to shift part of its factories to produce drug ingredients. The development bank loan was the first of its kind under the Defense Production Act in collaboration with the U.S. Department of Defense, and intended to speed production of drugs in short supply and those considered critical to treat Covid-19, including hydroxychloroquine, the controversial antimalarial drug touted by President Donald Trump.

So, about 4 years ago, I started a periodic buy of physical gold. It sits in a little chest in the safe - gotta love it. :Finger: Fondling a stock on line is very different. Anyway, after reaching basic investment goal (2 kg), I stopped about a 8 months ago. I feeling pretty smart right now. :giggle:

So, about 4 years ago, I started a periodic buy of physical gold. It sits in a little chest in the safe - gotta love it. :Finger: Fondling a stock on line is very different.
Agreed, handling real money with some heft to it has entirely different feel ;) PM's have been on a tear lately and I still think we are in the early innings...a few breathers along the way of course. Should be a good ride! Gold today: $2063.20 & Silver: $28.89

Reactions: WAB
I'm also in Gold via GLDM, but more recently. My big winner is VGT (also FTEC), information technology ETFs. Up >50%. Nosebleed area at these levels, but still holding a good chunk for now.

Latest buying, with three adds over the last three days, is JETS, airline ETF. Chart is looking pretty good so far. My guess is Huge upside possible if things return to normal - or even get close.

So, about 4 years ago, I started a periodic buy of physical gold. It sits in a little chest in the safe - gotta love it. :Finger: Fondling a stock on line is very different. Anyway, after reaching basic investment goal (2 kg), I stopped about a 8 months ago. I feeling pretty smart right now. :giggle:

You must be thrilled that the US Dollar is doing so poorly since that is why the gold prices are up.

I would be more excited if the US wasn’t such a joke to the rest of the world!

Momma don't take my kodachrome away.............

(Bloomberg) -- Shares of Eastman Kodak Co. have leapt 2,441% higher this week, sending its market valuation to nearly $2 billion, after it won a government loan to help produce ingredients used in key generic medicines to fight the coronavirus.

Kodak, the storied photography giant whose business and shares were devastated by the switch to filmless cameras, gained as much as 655% on Wednesday, triggering at least six halts for volatility along the way. More than 110 million shares traded hands, more than 23 times its typical volume. The company’s value climbed to $1.99 billion as of 10:25 a.m. in New York, after closing on Friday shy of $100 million.

Kodak shares tripled on Tuesday on news of a $765 million loan to shift part of its factories to produce drug ingredients. The development bank loan was the first of its kind under the Defense Production Act in collaboration with the U.S. Department of Defense, and intended to speed production of drugs in short supply and those considered critical to treat Covid-19, including hydroxychloroquine, the controversial antimalarial drug touted by President Donald Trump.

It's funny, I picked up a load of Kodak stock in early 2018 on a very similar story.

That time around it was a pivot into the magical bitcoin arena with a 'kodakcoin' and the provision of bitmining equipment. I called bullshit then too, but still bought on the assumption that the hysteria around everything crypto would pump it enough for short term gains. Did about 300% in 3 days as I recall before I bailed. Two days afte that people got over themselves and it fell back to nothing.

All this flailing around trying to find a new direction gives some exciting jumps to company value sure, but to me at least it all reeks slightly of desperation. Are they truly going to pivot at that scale into an entirely new market niche and play with the big boys? I think not. Lots of noise, little substance.

Al.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasAr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg