What is this animal?

nice trophy buffy
did you eat him ?
Yep, I drove from Montana to Texas for that hunt, and took two coolers with me: one for the capes and the other for meat.

I ended up shooting 3 animals on that trip, that Blackbuck, a Scimitar Horned Oryx, and an Aoudad. I filled the meat cooler with all of the backstraps and filets plus as much of the hams as my cooler would hold. They all pretty much taste like any other venison.

Someday I will drive down to Texas and hunt a blackbuck. They are neat looking trophies. They also have Iranian red sheep that I would like to hunt also but only if I can get my Texan guide to dress up like an Iranian so my friends would think that I was crazy enough to go to Iran.

An interesting looking animal for sure!

Blackbuck is on my wish list. I screwed this up rather well this year. I have a business trip to San Antonio later this month. All I needed to do was to ask my wife to leave me a couple of extra days to hunt while there........ Next time I'll think about hunting options to go with business. Bruce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PWA703

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.