What height QD rings for my BRNO 602 -- .375

friendswoodmatt

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Bought a scope for the BRNO and now need some QD rings -- looking at ALska arms and Warn QD or possibly Talley.
What height do I get? medium or high?
one brand better than another?
is there a preference on the side I should have the levers? RH rifle
Scope is a leupold vx3i 2,5-8 1" tube 36mm
Sorry if I sound like a complete novice-- I am when it comes to QD rings and I am not close to the rifle right now

You want the mounts that will fit the scope as low as possible, take the rifle and scope with when buying.

I have Warne on mine never had any issues

Bought a scope for the BRNO and now need some QD rings -- looking at ALska arms and Warn QD or possibly Talley.
What height do I get? medium or high?
one brand better than another?
is there a preference on the side I should have the levers? RH rifle
Scope is a leupold vx3i 2,5-8 1" tube 36mm
Sorry if I sound like a complete novice-- I am when it comes to QD rings and I am not close to the rifle right now

I have Warne rings/bases on all of my rifles. They've never let me down, have no complaints. Others prefer the Talley's and I've also read only positive reports on the Alaska Arms. I don't think you can go wrong with any of these choices.

I put the levers on the right side. I believe that is how Warne specifies. If you think about it, it makes sense. Under recoil the levers will be likely to "turn" in clockwise fashion serving to keep them tight.

I agree with @lvW in that I want my scopes as low as possible to put the line of sight of the scope as close to the line of sight of the barrel. I have been chastised on this before as some say to choose what makes your fit to the rifle best. I'll let you decide.

If you do decide to follow the lower the better approach, I believe you MAY be able to use the low rings with that scope. A 36mm bell affords this. But there's only one way to know and that's to try it. So I agree, if you can take your rifle with you to where you'll purchase the rings, that could save some time and effort.

Worst case is you order the low rings, they don't work and you send back for medium height. I'm quite certain you won't need the high rings to fit the scope on.

One issue you may have regarding that scope, is it's overall length and getting the proper front to back placement of the scope. You may need extended bases to give you the ability to move the scope far enough back to fit you and not impinge on the front bell.

I too have Warne QR /QD rings on my 375 and larger bore rifles. I put the levers on the left side to avoid any possible interference or impedance of bolt movement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg