What Have You Killed with the 7x57

Be careful of moccasins if pine trees are around. Moccasins have smooth leather soles & act like skis on pine needles. You will spend time getting up off the ground! Trust me I've been there. They are quiet & comfortable though!
You got that right!!! Been there myself.

I LOVE my 7x57 its an Interarms MkX. It like the heavy bullets better. I have used the Sellior&Bellot 173gr factory ammo. Ive also used the Hornady 154gr soft-points with great success. Whitetail just collapse like you unplugged them. Fartherest "walk" was 10yds.

14 Whitetail
6 Mule deer
1 Black bear
I've experimented with bullets from 139 Hornady 150 Gr RP CoreLoc and 175 gr Hornady RN. Something about that long bullet with all that lead on the nose just instills confidence. Ruger No.1A

Shot dozens of deer the the 7x57 and the 7x57ai, never lost one and none made it more then 30 yards, most are drt. I used to really like the 140 Sierra pro hunter but they got to pricy for my liking. So now on the hunt for a do all adorable bullet, thinking the 145 Speer will do I've always liked speers.

this year I may experiment, I have 175 noslor partitions and hornady 175 round nose loaded up. Same charged nothing to warm, think it's 42.0 imr 4350. Maybe around 2350-2400 fps have to see. Was surprised in my m77 ruger they shot to the same point of aim, even out to 300 I was smacking steel and there was no difference. One guy at the range was surprised how hard it seemed they were hitting the gongs.

those are two pretty different bullets and like to see what they different.

I have stocked up as much as I can just waiting for my license to be approved from the police.

400 x 154gr SST bullets to be used for target shooting and comps and hunting where range is around 200m and more
192 x 175gr RN Hornady to be used hunting range 200meter and closer
150 x 175gr Claw bonded bullets specials thanks to @Tally Ho Hunting Safaris for donating them to me thanks a bunch Stuart.
200 x S&B cases
Dies and 2 cans of powder, primers.
Have a scope also 4-16 x 50 Zerotech Thrive Mildot
So the Police just needs to do their work eventually and will get the 7x57 fired up.

Daughter shot a young female fallow this morning. Model 98, full stock with an older Zeiss 1,5-6x36 Diavari. Distance at a good 90 meters.
IMG_20230122_084653_470.jpg

Daughter shot a young female fallow this morning. Model 98, full stock with an older Zeiss 1,5-6x36 Diavari. Distance at a good 90 meters. View attachment 512542
She looks very happy. That’s a perfect gun for a young lady. Good eating there could we get a full length picture of the rifle. Oh and tell her congratulations for us.

Congrats! And a very nice rifle too!

Thanks for the congratulations. I'll tell her about it. She's very proud. Me too! :giggle: View attachment 512549
That rifle is almost as pretty as your daughter:) Love the spoon bill bolt. That scope mount looks straight out of europe. Your daughter has a gun to a treasure. Good job Dad.

A civilian conversion of a Spanish military Mauser was my first rile. Shot a few european wild boars with it.

That was many years ago, don´t have any pics :E Shrug:

On my recet lion kalahari hunt I sot this young impala ram for the freezer with my new CZ550 7x57 154gr SST bullet. Head shot.

20221212-121037.jpg

End of April is our first hunt will see what we bag then with the 7x57 and will be using 175gr Bonded bullets from Claw for that hunt as it will be thick bushveld and close range.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to the young lady huntress with what I consider the classiest of the classic rifle and cartridge!

She looks very happy. That’s a perfect gun for a young lady.
Or an old man, like me! ;) Been loving them for 40 years or more!:giggle:

So far I've only killed time on the range, but hope to change that in the near future. ;-)

I have the 7x57 Mauser and 9x56 ms so now I need to procure an 8x57 Mauser. I had a model 96 in 6.5x55 Swede, but foolishly sold it.

A civilian conversion of a Spanish military Mauser was my first rile. Shot a few european wild boars with it.

That was many years ago, don´t have any pics :E Shrug:

You said that on the first page a hundred years ago.... :A Banana: :E Lol::D Beers:

I have used the 7x57 to kill lots of pigs and whitetail deer, a red deer and a bushbuck. The wife has killed several whitetail deer, a red deer, blackbuck, axis, several impalas, warthog, sable, blesbok and wildebeest.

Safe hunting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EllieBoatm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross