What Have You Killed with the 7x57

I have the 7x57 Mauser and 9x56 ms so now I need to procure an 8x57 Mauser. I had a model 96 in 6.5x55 Swede, but foolishly sold it.
Are you forgetting the 7x64 Brenneke? Everyone needs one! :D

1895 Lowe

9A55B7A7-DB41-4A75-BE74-171B94E31424.jpeg

180 yards Nosler 140 BT. A two’fer w/one shot. Heavy rain, couldn’t see the calf in heavy brush, and guide called the shot. Penetrated straight through calf’s head, ear to ear.

0063E071-0848-4030-9A78-2B1AA5A7E68A.jpeg

B3316A9E-B8F2-464A-AD14-7DD52B900683.jpeg

95 yards Nosler 140 BT
2C128B17-2CEB-4D12-A3A0-74F51E9F093B.jpeg

Last weeks effort, one takes a much better class of small game when stalking with the .275 Rigby :ROFLMAO:

I think it counts as practice for Africa and the hound enjoyed the result. :ROFLMAO:

IMG_3298 copy.jpg

Last edited:
Last weeks effort, one takes a much better class of small game when stalking with the .275 Rigby :ROFLMAO:

I think it counts as practice for Africa and the hound enjoyed the result. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 516090
That is a beautiful rifle. The rabbit is not bad either. Hassenphepher for dinner:LOL:

Hassenphepher for dinner:LOL:

Thanks.

It was served more like very large chunks of 'bone in sashimi' - just the way the hound likes it :LOL:

I have taken elk with the 7x57, cleanly .My bullet of choice was the Barnes 140gr TSX. Total penetration even thru heavy bone. A hunting buddy of mine uses a 7-08 same ballistic's & the Barnes 140gr TSX. Always complete penetration even thru heavy bone. . You don't always get the picture perfect broad side shot. You may be forced to take a shot from any angle. I recommend the deepest penetrating bullet you can get. If it were me it would be the Barnes 140gr TSX. I have no emotional connection to this bullet, just years of positive in the field results. If any thing can go wrong it will. Be prepared to be presented with the worst toughest angle of a shot & hope it doesn't. If it is presented you will be glad you have the one piece mono copper bullet. They out penetrate any other bullet I have tried.

I have taken elk with the 7x57, cleanly .My bullet of choice was the Barnes 140gr TSX. Total penetration even thru heavy bone. A hunting buddy of mine uses a 7-08 same ballistic's & the Barnes 140gr TSX. Always complete penetration even thru heavy bone. . You don't always get the picture perfect broad side shot. You may be forced to take a shot from any angle. I recommend the deepest penetrating bullet you can get. If it were me it would be the Barnes 140gr TSX. I have no emotional connection to this bullet, just years of positive in the field results. If any thing can go wrong it will. Be prepared to be presented with the worst toughest angle of a shot & hope it doesn't. If it is presented you will be glad you have the one piece mono copper bullet. They out penetrate any other bullet I have tried.
What velocity are you running your 140 TSXs at??
I’m getting 2750 FPS with 140 TTSXs with excellent accuracy.

Went out on a Family hunt and decided to use the Brno Mod 21 7x57. I loaded a lot of new Rhino 160 gr bullets, however did not have the time to load them. So ended up using locally produced box ammo instead - 170 gr. Shot a good looking Kudu for the fridge, and a Zebra. Both shots were quartering to, not full penetration, wonder if the Rhino's would have...? Considering upgrading to a Rigby Highland Stalker that much I am enjoying the 7x57
Koedoe.jpg
Zebra.JPG

Went out on a Family hunt and decided to use the Brno Mod 21 7x57. I loaded a lot of new Rhino 160 gr bullets, however did not have the time to load them. So ended up using locally produced box ammo instead - 170 gr. Shot a good looking Kudu for the fridge, and a Zebra. Both shots were quartering to, not full penetration, wonder if the Rhino's would have...? Considering upgrading to a Rigby Highland Stalker that much I am enjoying the 7x57View attachment 551281View attachment 551263
A pair of Classics, the rifle and cartridge that is. Nicely matched.

I've killed every single thing I ever pulled the trigger on with 7x57....all one shot apiece

Went out on a Family hunt and decided to use the Brno Mod 21 7x57. I loaded a lot of new Rhino 160 gr bullets, however did not have the time to load them. So ended up using locally produced box ammo instead - 170 gr. Shot a good looking Kudu for the fridge, and a Zebra. Both shots were quartering to, not full penetration, wonder if the Rhino's would have...? Considering upgrading to a Rigby Highland Stalker that much I am enjoying the 7x57
Nicely done Stephen, now you are ahead of me on your 7x57 mine has only taken two impala so far both for the fridge one young ram and a ewe.

Nice old kudu bull still in very good shape this time of the year what did he dress out?

Nicely done Stephen, now you are ahead of me on your 7x57 mine has only taken two impala so far both for the fridge one young ram and a ewe.

Nice old kudu bull still in very good shape this time of the year what did he dress out?
Thanks Frederik - 174kg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SheliaBelc

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross