What happened to the Selous elephants?

Thank you for actually bothering to give an explanation. What you said about hunting blocks, would it be better if the government allowed the outfitters to use the hunting blocks for longer? Let's say for a minimum of 10 years.
Oh absolutely, and there is ongoing dialogue with the representative associations to push for longer terms.

It's frustrating for all concerned, and I speak for both sides of the spectrum. There's no doubt that political interfence is at hand, so it's a delicate situation requiring more diplomacy than it should really.

This is one of the reasons I say the new lake is such a positive project. It will bring so much attention to the area. A win win.

Again, you make little effort to refute what I'm saying and oddly choose to personally insult me. I'm more than willing to hear other suggestions but I'm not being given any. Being smug doesn't help your argument in the slightest.

I know Pete well. He's an expert who spends more time in wild africa, not just hunting but with the people, than probably anyone I know. He would have patiently explained had you shown you were willing to listen. But instead, your first response told him how simple it is. You might want to go back and read that first response.

Frankly, I don't blame Pete with his lack of patience with you.

I know Pete well. He's an expert who spends more time in wild africa, not just hunting but with the people, than probably anyone I know. He would have patiently explained had you shown you were willing to listen. But instead, your first response told him how simple it is. You might want to go back and read that first response.

Frankly, I don't blame Pete with his lack of patience with you.
I specifically asked for a proposition on how to resolve the poaching issue in the reserve. It didn't have to be entirely accurate but it would at least be a plausible alternative. But no, if someone says anything that goes even slightly against a popular opinion then that person will be completely dismissed. Kind of reminds me of a certain group... wonder who it could be. Oh yes, the anti-hunting crowd. The manner in which you two were responding to my comments is exactly what the anti-hunting crowd does. You're not helping the sport by being a stubborn arse. And don't act like either of you were provoked, considering that your first comments on this thread immediately resorted to being smug and condescending.

Frankly, I'm extremely disappointed by the behaviour of the users on this site. I remember reading it a year ago and how everyone was enthusiastic about hunting. Now it seems most of the people here are run-down and careless. I know 2020 was bad, but seriously? Lol

Frankly, I'm extremely disappointed by the behaviour of the users on this site. I remember reading it a year ago and how everyone was enthusiastic about hunting. Now it seems most of the people here are run-down and careless. I know 2020 was bad, but seriously? Lol
This site is far and above better than any other group or platform I've seen for online discussion. Not perfect, but a huge majority of people here are very respectful and helpful with a lot of knowledge to share. Some subjects get touchy but try to look at the forums as a whole, it's a great site

This site is far and above better than any other group or platform I've seen for online discussion. Not perfect, but a huge majority of people here are very respectful and helpful with a lot of knowledge to share. Some subjects get touchy but try to look at the forums as a whole, it's a great site
Oh, I know. It just kind of surprised me when I first joined the site considering how enthusiastic people used to be on here. Hopefully, it's my imagination.

Oh, I know. It just kind of surprised me when I first joined the site considering how enthusiastic people used to be on here. Hopefully, it's my imagination.

I will just say dont use your experiences in sa parks as how it is in other countries....if you haven't been to them..to put it bluntly you haven't a clue....and not being rude just truthful.....

I will just say dont use your experiences in sa parks as how it is in other countries....if you haven't been to them..to put it bluntly you haven't a clue....and not being rude just truthful.....
Fair enough, I was just trying to engage in an honest conversation. Wasn’t looking for a fight but apparently the other guy took it the wrong way. Unfortunate considering he’s more than capable of being polite and enthusiastic. Oh well

I took a break from being active because I was so disappointed about my dream safari being postponed. It's been a rough year for a lot of folks, from disappointments like that to true problems whether it be health or finances etc. Takes a toll. But from what I've seen since I've been back it's still a great site...everyone has their moments

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WinfredFin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!