What does a loving Dad give his daughter on 22nd birthday?

Savage Hunter

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
My 22 yr old daughter just graduated college at a Veterinary Tech (picture surgical nurse for animals) and
has moved out of my home this week. She is turning 22 yrs old.
What did I get her? A S&W Bodyguard in 38 Special. It comes with a built in laser sight.
http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...4_750001_750051_757893_-1_757767_757751_image
103038_01_md.jpg

Just what every little princess needs.

For her college graduation present, she asked for a mule deer hunt. So, we'll be hunting mule deer soon.

Attachments

• 103038_01_md.jpg
    103038_01_md.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 72
Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds Like you raised a great one

Looks like she is very lucky to have a great dad.

Savage Hunter,

You are a Proper Father and men like you are in very short supply.
Bravo to you.
Your daughter is obviously growing up to be a fine and Proper Woman.
Congratulations.

Regards,
Velo Dog.

PS:
Excellent revolver choice.

thanks guys.
For high school graduation she poses me the question, "Dad, can I have anything I want for graduation?"
I paused and said "within reason".
She answered " I want a bow, I'm kinda tired of shooting deer with a rifle and want something more challenging."
She was super proud of her first kill with it.
For college graduation, I wanted her to come to Africa next week with my wife and me. She said "no thanks on the long plane ride".
She narrowed her hunt down to a mountain lion or a mule deer/coyote and chose the latter. Will likely stop off and have her hunt a fallow, too.

We went and shot the revolver after buying it and taught her how to pull/point/shoot instead of aiming.
She practiced empty, then shot about 30 rounds pulling up to line of sight and firing.
She did pretty well.
It is a self-defense weapon. Trigger is really heavy, so aiming is not easy for a woman, but it's not a "range weapon" anyway.

Kellieand2ofherdeer_zps2d65f592.jpg

one on left is about 13 or so. ............................................................ one on right is about age 9. first kill.

Kelliesfirstbuck_zpsf458a5b4.jpg

her first buck other than spikes. About age 16.
she use to wear those does out. She's killed one pretty nice whitetail and a few like this one.

Attachments

• Kellieand2ofherdeer_zps2d65f592.jpg
    Kellieand2ofherdeer_zps2d65f592.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 78
  • Kelliesfirstbuck_zpsf458a5b4.jpg
    Kelliesfirstbuck_zpsf458a5b4.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 96
Excellent choice, Savage Hunter !

You are a good dad sir! We need more fathers to pass on the hunting gene to all their children.

I can't believe this thread. Three days ago my daughter had her 24th birthday. I got her an older Smith Wesson model 60-3 stainless 38 spcl. Mint with the original box and manual. She loves it.

I can't believe this thread. Three days ago my daughter had her 24th birthday. I got her an older Smith Wesson model 60-3 stainless 38 spcl. Mint with the original box and manual. She loves it.

Heym88,

Excellent!
You are a good Father, sir.

I never had a daughter but if I would've, I surely believe she'd been a shooter.
At least I would have done my level best to teach it all to her, beginning with safety, then all the rest that makes a loved and well adjusted young person into a happy soul and a good shooter.

My sons each received a copy of the movie; "Sgt York" back when they were young and if I had a daughter, I would've found something on Annie Oakley for her to relate to.
(Who said Hollywood has no decent role models for children, Ha!).

Cheerio,
Velo Dog.

Yes Sir! You have done a proper job!

On a related note, the day before my wife and I got married her father took her to the local gun store and bought her a S&W 357 with a 6" barrel. We still have that gun. We have been happily married for 27 years. You are laying the ground work for her and her husband's future success.;)

3rd Christmas, I bought my wife a Taurus 357.
I got her something else too, but she learned to shoot that pistol like a champ.

I want to give my daugther something similar...at least the 'boyfriend' will be at bay...:ROFLMAO:

my daughter killed her biggest buck a couple years ago sitting beside her boyfriend.
He had already seen this deer the day before and had her sit by him just in case it came back out.
He's a good kid. they've been dating since they were about 16.

What does a loving Dad give his daughter on her 22nd birthday..?

Well how about my son on the left ? A fine young PH and game capture chopper pilot. The ugly one is me...but you could do a lot worse for an in-law..! ;)

DSC04134.JPG

you know, marrying off my daughter to a PH in South Africa would be pretty cool.
It would guarantee that I'd be in Africa every year, and while I'm there, I might as well hunt. lol.
And since the PH would be my son-in-law, it would be free!
I'll let you know if her current romance goes sour.

but, I do have to ask something. Which one is the ugly one?lol

now you do realize that could've been taken 2 ways.
1. I couldn't see an ugly one, or
2. they're equally ugly.

lol.

nice weapon .Pretty good looking daughter to . I hope all the boys that chase her dont piss her off to much .

prhguy ... you are a good dad becuase it is what SHE wanted not becasue it was a gun (or a mule deer hunt)!

What does a loving Dad give his daughter on her 22nd birthday..?

Well how about my son on the left ? A fine young PH and game capture chopper pilot. The ugly one is me...but you could do a lot worse for an in-law..! ;)

View attachment 29340

shit Doc you standing on those bar stools again in that card shark emporium? and no jaegers in the hand.......................tut tut ;):D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odoodevelopers

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross