What do you want Santa to bring?

Ok if Santa is feeling generous I wouldn,t mind a canvas bag from Westley RIchards, goes with the Landy.oh, and I need a new pithy, mine got sat on, they don't like that.
16A2A0A5-B610-446E-A994-6C5835C5665E.jpeg

He just brought me a .22LR barrel conversion kit with iron sights for my R8 pro success

It affords me endless practice on the 'charge box' which features heavily in the FGASA (perhaps also for the PH) shooting test and is the backbone of the DG training I run here in the UK.

Lots of practice and well established muscle memory at little cost

He just brought me a .22LR barrel conversion kit with iron sights for my R8 pro success

It affords me endless practice on the 'charge box' which features heavily in the FGASA (perhaps also for the PH) shooting test and is the backbone of the DG training I run here in the UK.

Lots of practice and well established muscle memory at little cost
I am beginning to like the sound of an R8

It might be a bit early for Santa, but I hope a Hardy Bros 16 gauge side by side with damascus barrels will be arriving within the next few weeks. If does, I'll take it out on Christmas Eve to try for a pheasant...that would be a great start to the Festivities.

Last edited:
It might be a bit early for Santa, but I hope a Hardy Bros 16 gauge side by side with damascus barrels will be arriving within the next few weeks. If does, I'll take it out on Christmas Eve to try for a pheasant...that would be a great start to the Festivities.
Pictures there must be

After spending a week on Kodiak soaked to the bone and cold as hell... I've requested some quality rain and cold weather gear from Santa... The cabelas branded stuff I took just didnt work as well as advertised..

Santa came early!

A Sitka cloudburst jacket and pants followed me home tonight from scheels!

an effective vaccine
How about one that's actually tested properly? Wont make a difference to me because I wont take it but will save some health trouble and lives for those that do.

As to not derail the thread: ill just hope santa brings a 2021 that is better than 2020. I truly can't complain considering the hardships many have had so this is intended for everyone! I'd like to never hear the word covid again, but I'll settle for my rescheduled safari to just happen (and be safe including a return home) without another reschedule...throw in getting a leopard if we are being greedy

One thing to remember about any vaccines available. Covid is not new, its been around for years, and no doubt they have been working on vaccines for quite some time, but until 19 came along there was no real impetus to kick it into high gear or Warp Drive.
When it comes available to me I will take it with no fear unless my doc advises against it, as being in the higher age group, 67, I will take the protections.
I think those who fear taking it are probably the same group that doesnt get a flu shot every year. I do, since the last time I had the flu over 20 years ago I swore, never again. Got the shot ever since and no flu.
I will take the shot,, unless they put a Bill Gates ID chip in it or something like that...LOL.

Ok if Santa is feeling generous I wouldn,t mind a canvas bag from Westley RIchards, goes with the Landy.oh, and I need a new pithy, mine got sat on, they don't like that.View attachment 378085

why not have someone make you a similar bag with a hide of an animal you have hunted? I bet Santa would like that!

And since I can add to my list: a Pelican 1750 case for my and my son’s R8’s.

One thing to remember about any vaccines available. Covid is not new, its been around for years, and no doubt they have been working on vaccines for quite some time, but until 19 came along there was no real impetus to kick it into high gear or Warp Drive.
When it comes available to me I will take it with no fear unless my doc advises against it, as being in the higher age group, 67, I will take the protections.
I think those who fear taking it are probably the same group that doesnt get a flu shot every year. I do, since the last time I had the flu over 20 years ago I swore, never again. Got the shot ever since and no flu.
I will take the shot,, unless they put a Bill Gates ID chip in it or something like that...LOL.
Same here. Flu shots seem to work really well. After huge lost time at our company with the regular winter flu I offered everyone free flu shots. Few accepted it, so I said two days off only then you are on unpaid leave. Now they take the flu shot, problem solved.
why not have someone make you a similar bag with a hide of an animal you have hunted? I bet Santa would like that!

And since I can add to my list: a Pelican 1750 case for my and my son’s R8’s.
what, R8's? I thought the idea was one R8 with lots of barrels.

Well, I did my shopping last week due to lead times. The left handed Heym 88B in 9.3x74R should be here in June.

This is the stock I picked for it.

View attachment 379334
That is beautiful Tanks, nothing quite like good wood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg