What country is the best to hunt free range Roan?

Don't know how good the odds are, But I'm trying for a Roan in Tanzania:)

What country is the best to hunt free range roan. I see alot about Sable but not much on roan.
Take a look at the report I’m posting now for my Zimbabwe hunt. The roan hunting wasn’t easy but there were a lot and good hunting.

We also hunt East African Roan in Cameroon all free range. We used to be able to take very big roan in Burkina Faso before all the terrorist problems stopped us from hunting there. Apart from Cameroon I would also say Zambia.

I saw plenty of Roan in Cameroon earlier this year, so many I was campaigning to get one for camp meat!!! (no such luck - the concession owner said the meat was the best for that) but you could hunt Lord Derby and Roan on one license. The other choice is to buy two licenses, and get Savannah buffalo and Bushbuck. If Roan was my target species, other places mentioned already would be my first choice

They changed that rule this year to where you can take 3 species on a Class A my friend. Wish they could have done it a year earlier!

We took this one in Tanzania in September, a great area for good roan, but if you only want a Roan it is pricey, combined with other species such as Leopard, Buffalo etc it is not bad.
IMG_7162.jpg

You could combine sable and roan in any of the 3 countries Namibia Caprivi, Zambia, or Zimbabwe. I’m going on a buffalo/sable/roan combo hunt next week in Zimbabwe. The price is significantly better than I would expect in Zambia or Caprivi. It price isn’t a factor, I think Zambia would give you best hunt. I hunted lunga lushwishi gma in kafue 15 years ago and we saw good roan and great sable and a huge amount of other plains game and also lions and elephants.
How was the hunt for buffalo, roan and sable?

So for both Zambia may be the bet bet
Yes, I will be hunting both in Zambia in two weeks. Will let you know how it goes.

How was the hunt for buffalo, roan and sable?
I had a great hunt and got an exceptional roan.

Very common in Cameroon. Our camp was called the camp of roan. If you read the book of Eddie Decoster the breath of Africa, that guy hunted all over Africa, he says that he had never seen such equivalent of Roan as in our area. Also I am curious of how much would cost a roan in Zambia.

Very common in Cameroon. Our camp was called the camp of roan. If you read the book of Eddie Decoster the breath of Africa, that guy hunted all over Africa, he says that he had never seen such equivalent of Roan as in our area. Also I am curious of how much would cost a roan in Zambia.
The southern Roan is pricy in Zambia and considered Royal Game but the advantage is you can staple it to a cat hunt and they are often found together with other desirables such as Sable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross