What countries do you consider dangerous to hunt?

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
I wanted a show of countries people...would have second thoughts of ever taking a hunting trip too.

I guess I'll start with Iran, Pakistan, and Vietnam..

I was wondering about parts of Africa or what we use to call "Russia". I know Russia has some great moose and brown bear hunting? Would anyone out there take the chance to turn back the clocks of time and hunt old Russia...with the crazy helicopter rides...and the chance the hunt is cancelled do to unstable government...etc.

This is a great thread. There are dangers from political and social arenas, and danger due to physical location and dangers from terrain.

The countries i consider more "risky" in one way or another are:

Parts of China - social and political and transport

Angola - social and political

Some of the old soviet block countries - transport issues

Middle East - all of the above if American

Somalia, Chad and Sudan- If still open...? social

Benin (well, a lot of west africa actually) - infrastructure and transport

Mexico - if anywhere near Mexico City

Hi enysse

I think Tom has hit the most of them I know one that is not on my to-do list is Ethiopia I've read the reports and the pictures are nice and my rifle may be bigger but they seem to have a lot more of them, that would seem to make me a little nervous so I'll stay away. Bob

Well, I won't put Benin, Angola or Ethopia on my list...but Ethiopia is way to expensive now anyway. Somalia, Chad and Sudan are definitely off my list unless a lot changes...but I don't see anything positive happening anytime soon.

I would like to do some sheep hunting in the future...but everything would have to feel right to venture to Iran or Pakistan....Turkey, Russian and Mongolia have sheep...would be willing to hunt there.

I'm not a desert mule deer nut...so Mexico is off my list....why spend my money...rather hunt Africa.

I would like to hunt Russia for there huge Bears and Moose...but have cold feet at the time being....interesting hunt...I know Jim Shockey thinks it's one of the best hunts in the whole world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Efren35C00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross