What are you thankful for this holiday season?

Trump won, Hillary, the media and the chattering classes lost

Having Christmas with the grand kids this year after being out of country last year! And having a "day camp" with them on the hunting lease just after Christmas in between the shooting seasons. And for the son and me, DSC coming up!

For all the good things in my life that I do not deserve. For the grace and mercy of One that keeps me.

And for the Africa Hunting Community. Thank you all.

For God's grace and Mercy, for the Love of Jesus! For my family and friends, for all my blessings including waking up daily. For having a job and having my health

When I woke up this morning I didn't wonder about how I was going to feed my family, or whether they had shelter. Heck, I didn't even wonder if the hot water would work when I turned on the shower.

I'm very thankful and grateful for all of that. Those simple basic things put me ahead of many in the world. It's easy to forget....

I'm thankful for the Lord's blessings - which I don't deserve but somehow have in abundance. A loving, caring wife who also enjoys doing on the adventures together. My father and brothers and those special times together. Our health. Yes, we have a few aches and pains. But as our nephew, who is a radiologist in Cleveland told us at Thanksgiving - we are a healthy family. And, I do appreciate the members of this forum who engage in fun banter and passionately support the conservationist / hunter.

I am thankful that, most of you folks within this exceptional forum put up with me.

For God's grace and Mercy, for the Love of Jesus! For my family and friends, for all my blessings including waking up daily. For having a job and having my health

Plus 1 and for the fact that my first grand child will be in this world shortly.....maybe even Christmas Day !
@Clayton said it well " for all the good things in life I do not deserve"

I just watched my next door neighbor get hauled away in a body bag. I am thankful being able to enjoy one more holiday season, and remember fondly, the good times had with ,family and friends, who are no longer around to celebrate with.

Didn't mean to be sobering.

Merry Christmas! Peace and goodwill to everyone here at AH.

Wow I could write a book on all those things I'm thankful for. First and foremost for the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I'm thankful for my family, for the ability to do what I love for a living now, and for all of my friends. I know I don't deserve a mere percent of the blessings bestowed upon me but I'm so very grateful that the Lord blesses me in the way he does.

I am thankful for every day that I wake up. I am thankful for the pacemaker my father received or he would have been planted next to my mother this Christmas. I am thankful for my beautiful daughter that is healthy (although I wish she was a little more homely, getting tired of answering the door and some "boy" wants to know if my daughter is home, standard answer is she not here). I am thankful for my wife who puts up with my crap. And I am thankful for the life that I have lived, I have been blessed.

I am thankful for every day that I wake up. I am thankful for the pacemaker my father received or he would have been planted next to my mother this Christmas. I am thankful for my beautiful daughter that is healthy (although I wish she was a little more homely, getting tired of answering the door and some "boy" wants to know if my daughter is home, standard answer is she not here). I am thankful for my wife who puts up with my crap. And I am thankful for the life that I have lived, I have been blessed.

wesheltonj: too funny! I raised 4 daughters, so I can relate. Cleaned a lot of guns when they were teenagers

First and foremost knowing we have a savior in Jesus Christ, with that comes an eternal life. WOW, anything after that really doesn't matter.

2016 was a special year for me. Celebrated 30 years of marriage to my amazing wife. Also hit 35 years working for the same, international oil company. Four amazing daughters that have developed into fine young women (most credit due to my wife). Thankful for the two incredible hunts I did this year. One to the eastern cape with my youngest daughter and one to the Yukon with a good hunting buddy. My cup runneth over, and for that I am grateful.

Dave

Life has been such a wonderful trip. Even the hard times helped me appreciate the good times. Working on my 70th year my bucket list just keeps getting longer no matter how much I check off. If today is my last, I have no regrets.
I have been a very lucky guy.

I could go on and on for what I am thankful for. Three years ago I had a pacemaker put in me and by all rights I shouldn't still be around anymore. But because I am alive at time when we have this kind of technology I am alive and thriving!

Family, friends, love and grace.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ekaterina Lobach North Fork Bullets

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!