What Are The Regulations For Bringing a Bow Into Namibia?

Fjold

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA - Endowment Life, SAF - Life, CRPA -Life
Hunted
Namibia 2008 (Khomas Highlands, Kalahari), Zimbabwe 2011 (Zambezi Valley), South Africa 2013 (East Cape), South Africa 2016 (KwaZulu Natal), Namibia 2019 (Kalahari)
A friend want to do his first African hunt in Namibia with a bow. Can anyone tell me what the regs and rules are for bringing the bow on the plane and into Namibia?

Thanks for any help.

The only country I have heard issues about Bows and arrows was the Netherlands.

No issues with hunting with a bow in Namibia.
The biggest deal is having a PH qualified to guide a bow hunter.

This should help.
http://www.napha-namibia.com/legal-information/bow-hunting/

LEGAL REQUIREMENTS
A Hunting Guide, Master Hunting Guide or Professional Hunter with additional qualifications for bow hunting must guide trophy hunters visiting Namibia.
Bow hunting shall be conducted exclusively in the company of a registered hunting guide/ master hunting guide or professional hunter with an additional bow hunting qualification at all times in the bush or blind, and not more than two trophy hunters per guide at any given time. Bow-hunting may only take place on special game farms and areas which are registered for this purpose with the Ministry of Environment and Tourism. Respect Landowners rights Bow-hunting may only be conducted for the sake of trophy hunting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
majisman

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross