What Animal to take?

It was great talking with you and Pieter likes familys who hunt and goes out of his way like no one I ever have seen to do the best he can. Make your list in your mind because it could change 10 times before you go and then change again as you see the animals in the bush. LOL We can do the stuff in budget but picking the stuff is the real hard part as they all have a beauty about them that make you want one.
As I told you last night when we talked just wait to you see a big red hartebeest on a hillside with the sun shining on him. You just may need to pick between a blue,black or red then. Just know if the other hunt does not work and we get you over on a hunt with us we will do the best we can for you to take what you like.

Oh I have no doubt yall would do everything possible to make sure I am on a great hunt. You have already proven that you care about the person not just the money.

I don't have any thing yet since this will be our first safari. I am not a huge fan of rugs plus I have 2 very young kids and dogs. so what I take will be shoulder mounted more than likely

I have dogs too, and rugs, they are tough and after processing the dogs leave them alone.
Personally, I'd opt for a blue wildebeest and zebra rugs.

Even though they are not AH sponsors take a look at Cruiser Safaris. They will take good care of you and your family as well.

Have you ever been out with them?
Yes. My boys and I went this past August. They have quality animals and first class accommodations. Send me a personal message (PM) and we can chat more privately.

They do offer gemsbuck and I haven't thought of that. Why would a lot of people choose that. We have a sort of gemsbuck here in the states and its not that costly to hunt them. Or I have been told it isn't that much to hunt them. They are everywhere in New Mexico near the El paso area. As a matter of fact I almost ran one over during IR driving training preparing for my last deployment lol.

That is true, they are in NM and the price is very good if you can draw the coveted tag. You're military, I do believe it's easier to draw.

As far as the gemsbok is concerned, it's a beautiful beautiful shoulder mount with the head turned.

Regarding Cruiser, everything I hear is top notch about them. You get 3 very nice animals in that 7 day package. The 8 day has the your wife's Blue.

That is true, they are in NM and the price is very good if you can draw the coveted tag. You're military, I do believe it's easier to draw.

As far as the gemsbok is concerned, it's a beautiful beautiful shoulder mount with the head turned.

Regarding Cruiser, everything I hear is top notch about them. You get 3 very nice animals in that 7 day package. The 8 day has the your wife's Blue.

It is easier for us from what I hear.. I talked to cruiser and they are out of my price range. as far as the gems buck goes I'm kind of afraid to kill one with 12 years left in the military that's a lot of moves so the size does come to mind on my mounts.. my last move 3 of my birds got messed up so I have to keep that in mind as well

I'm curious, how did Cruisers get from "they are really cheap" to "out of my price range?" For similar animals Cruisers was a minimum of $1,600 less that the other outfitters we researched? Of the 17 SCI scoreable animals we took, 13 were either Gold, Silver or Bronze. I thought that was pretty good. Our 10 day six animal package included a Kudu, Gemsbok, a Blue Wildebeest, Impala, Wart Hog and a Duiker. We chose to substitute a Blesbok for the Duiker for an additional $170.00.

Last edited:
I'm curious, how did Cruisers get from "they are really cheap" to "out of my price range?" For similar animals Cruisers was a minimum of $1,600 less that the other outfitters we researched? Of the 17 SCI scoreable animals we took, 13 were either Gold, Silver or Bronze. I thought that was pretty good.

I mis read the package, that's how. and that does sound like a fantastic hunt congratulations

A zebra pedestal mount looks great. If you want a zebra rug, you can buy the skins everywhere, cheaper then you can hunt one. Unless your heart is set on that jackal, I would skip that and use those funds elsewhere.

I met a wise, older gentleman en route to my first safari. He said now that you are here, they will never be less expensive. His advice to me..."keep shooting."

Reactions: IvW
Do not pre decide get there and then decide both are unique..trust me a lot may change after you arrive......

Jackals should be free same as coyotes.....vermin....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arecruitment880

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!