What about Africa do you miss being back home

I am of the opinion that the best thing about travelling, is returning back home and appreciate all over what you have...

The Hunting!!!!!! Really just worrying about nothing but hunting all day. No cell phones or other nonsense.....no work....no bills.....no nothing.....just Hunting.

So many people said all the right things but I will add:

Hot water bottle in my bed at night!

Frankly, I just miss being in Africa.

Plus 1

Going to Africa is an absolute escape for me! No work no phone no drama.....except for that which I make for myself!

I definitely miss the early morning coffee and the conversation of the days hunt. I also like the gratitude of the people when you give them a animals carcass

A cold Windhoek carrying the Housekeepers 1 year old around and Sabina's cooking

Seeing as i never really leave Africa, I guess when I get to town, what I miss about being in the bush is the silence as well as the glow and smell of a wood fire.

Seeing as i never really leave Africa, I guess when I get to town, what I miss about being in the bush is the silence as well as the glow and smell of a wood fire.

That can be had in a lot of rural America. Unfortunately in those areas, making a living can be problematic.

1. The chatter and banter with PH's and the rest of your party
2. Braai, it is a thing of beauty
3. Just hunting and relaxing , round the clock one or the other
4. Taking in new sites, it is always something, be it plant, animal, scenery, etc.
5. Not feeling guilty about that 2nd, 3rd, etc. G&T or Castle in the evening
6. Being able to go somewhere with fall-like weather in the dead humid heat of a northeastern US summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg