What about a double appeals to you most?

Congratulations, Tank. I love the 9.3x74R cartridge. I have about given up loading for my Merkel as none of my loads shoot as good as Norma or Federal factory ammo. I shoots them good enough for a double with a double on turkeys.
turkeys.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My order for a Heym 88B in 9.3x74R was placed with the factory on December 15, 2020. It is landing at DFW airport tomorrow to get processed by US customs. So, close to six months by the time it gets cleared by customs and gets forwarded to my FFL.

I'll have 5 weeks with it before wheels up.
Wonderful! Looking forward to seeing the beast. Are you going to take a buff with it?

Instant second shot
Choice between soft and solid by moving trigger finger
Multi barrel options
Balance and pointability
Versatility, combination rifles
Rifle forces you to get close enough the best part of hunting....
They are just cool and the only platform designed exclusively for hunting.....
Missed this thread the first time around. These points sum up most of my love of my double. As a client, even though I will only hunt DG with trusted and experienced PHs, I take responsibility of my own safety and that if the hunting group in my own hands as well as theirs and having 2 shots instantly could be a big deal in the wrong situation. In addition to the previously mentioned Africa hunting history. There is something special about the act and sounds of loading a double on the dark continent.

I will also add that I'm not a traditionalist in my DR preferences. I have a Blaser S2 and couldn't love it any more. The safety of the cocking mechanism (which of course Krieghoff also has) with the accuracy and versatility is second to none. It shoots a 2-3" group between barrels at 100yds (and this is factory ammo and no regulation. getting ready to handload and regulate if needed in preparation for buff) with 470NE, have easy hits on 6" steel off sticks out to 275yds with almost no practice with the .375HH, and sub MOA between barrels with the .30-06. All out of the same platform, which means more proficiency. Accuracy, versatility, and proficiency all lead to better success IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SungHiggin

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg