What’s your guys opinion on a 375 flanged double rifle by Sabatti?

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Zambia, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
If a Sabatti double will get the job done and any issues are easily resolved by a trip to a reputable gunsmith I don't see the problem. Not all of us have the means to spend five figures on a hunting rifle. That's not sour grapes or jealousy. It's economic reality. I'm honestly glad that a select few of you are able to keep that segment of gun world alive. I'd hate to see those guns disappear forever. The rest of us will have to be satisfied with other more affordable options.
A trip to a reputable gunsmith for those readily solved issues (I can think of two who would touch one of my doubles) for re-regulation, trigger or spring work, etc etc can generate a bill well north of a thousand dollars very quickly. I personally would rather spend that money on the initial investment.

HushHog

AH member
Reaction score
From person experience, not just anyone reputable will touch a Sabatti. I was turned down by several reputable double rifle smiths when i had problems with mine. Luckily Ken Owens came to my rescue.

ActionBob

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
NRA life, DSC, SCI
Hunted
Minnesota, Texas, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, British Columbia, Argentina, Kansas, Macedonia, Austria
If a Sabatti double will get the job done and any issues are easily resolved by a trip to a reputable gunsmith I don't see the problem. Not all of us have the means to spend five figures on a hunting rifle. That's not sour grapes or jealousy. It's economic reality. I'm honestly glad that a select few of you are able to keep that segment of gun world alive. I'd hate to see those guns disappear forever. The rest of us will have to be satisfied with other more affordable options.
In addition to what @Red Leg said.... It's pretty tough to take a rifle to any gunsmith, much less a reputable one, when you are somewhere in Africa on a hunt. ;)

I had a Sabatti single trigger that doubled on me and I could not get it shoot both barrels on paper at 50 yards. I bought it brand new direct from the distributor in Texas. Took it back and they insisted it was perfect. I'll never buy another.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donaldriz

Latest profile posts

ABOUT US

We believe that a hunter's experience should be cherished, and so we offer a service that honours those unique and special memories and equips you to tell your adventure story. Every part of your journey with us, from communication to craftsmanship is carefully considered in order to create an experience worth remembering.
Services Flyer 2.jpg
Rare Breed wrote on USMA84DAB's profile.
Doc attached.
elkhunter77 wrote on Mark Biggerstaff's profile.
Yes, I am interested in some A Frames to load, if they are the 300 grain or other that will work for Cape Buff. I need enough to work up a load and sight in, then carry over there
KKovar wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Wow, great response regarding the title of a thread and an amazing site.
Jerycmeach wrote on Bullet Safaris's profile.
I am interested in hearing about your wild lion hunts.