For Sale Westley Richards Take-Down Safari Rifle

rookhawk

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
For sale is a vintage Westley Richards Mannlicher-Schoenauer Takedown rifle in 6.5x54MS. This is the classic caliber and configuration used by Hemmingway and Bell on their safaris.

The Stock is a generous length, about 14.5". It features EAW mannlicher pivot mounts and a contemporary Leupold 6x scope. Cased in its Scottish retailer's case. Nice bore. Should be a great gun for many more adventures in the bush. Ammo is easily hand-loaded or several brands of factory ammunition are available as well.

$4650 plus S&H in the lower-48 States.

IMG_4818.JPG

IMG_4819.JPG

IMG_4817.JPG

IMG_4819.JPG

IMG_4820.JPG
IMG_4821.JPG
IMG_4822.JPG
IMG_4823.JPG
IMG_4824.JPG

IMG_4825.JPG

IMG_4826.JPG

IMG_4827.JPG

Loaded with 160grn Woodleigh it is the ultimate classic plains game package IMO and represents the essence of the Golden Era of African Safaris.

I just bought one yesterday, not WR & Carbine how ever, I have I think 5-6 of them now, I would like a WR as I kind of collect them, only have a few but love that maker !

I should mention I've not gone after this rifle with any conservation at all. I'd be happy to clean it up a bit. (probably should have as the pictures would be much better)

Bronze wool and light oil would take the grime off the gun with no removal of original finish. Cleaning the wood and applying a couple drops of oil finish would make bring back the warm glow on the stock. Vacuuming the case and gluing down a few blocks and loose bits of baize cloth would help too.

Happy to do all of the above for the future owner. It looks better in person than in the shoddy lighting in the photos.

Action is silky smooth. Bore is very nice. Best of all it has the British configuration including single trigger since its a Westley Richards gun!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinagqe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber