Westley Richards 500 NE Double Rifle For Sale...I Am The Toby Of DRs...lol!

Rare Breed

Lifetime bronze benefactor
Platinum supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
I have become the Toby of Double Rifles...lol!!! I have some expensive hunts I want to take especially to get my Rhino to finish out my quest for the big 5. I am therefore selling my 500 NE Westley Richards. The following are my costs and needs so as I always do there is full transparency. I paid $12,000 for the rifle at auction in France. It cost me $1,300 to get it here. I then paid JJ Perodeau to make the rifle perfect which he did for $1,400 with shipping I have all in $15,000. I have over $1,000 in bullets, dies and brass. I am looking for $21,500 which includes shipping to C US. Yes, I always have sold at my cost or up to 20% discount as so many of you have experienced but this rifle is worth my asking price with the components. Only the market will tell of course.

For sale, a Westley Richards built (see registry certificate from them) in 1908 in 500 NE 3 inch. This is a Westley Richards built for Army Navy as you can see on the certificate from Westley Richards. The rifle was completely refurbished to as new condition. When I bought the rifle I sent it to JJ Perodeau to have it checked out and he reported it was perfect after his once over and minor tightening. The red dot scope is not included. The gun regulates to 1.5 inches at 50 yards using IMR 3031 at 83 grains. The rifle has a 28 inch barrel and 15 LOP. It weighs 11.5 pounds which is perfect for a 500 NE. It is extractors, not ejectors. Included with the purchase is the following...good luck if you could even get these items as they are almost all out of stock but now you would have them:
550 bullets of A-Frames, Woodleigh in both Soft and FMJ and Hornady...see picture.
3 reloading dies, one RCBS, Hornady, Redding
200 pieces of brass.

See the pictures to see the absolute beauty of the rifle.

IMG-0535.jpg
IMG-0532.jpg
IMG-0533.jpg
IMG-0534 (1).jpg
IMG-0535.jpg
IMG-0536.jpg
500 NE.jpg
IMG-0538.jpg
IMG-0539.jpg
IMG-0540 (1).jpg
IMG-0541.jpg
IMG-0542.jpg
IMG-0544.jpg
IMG-0545.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
no way... I was holding out for this one, as my fine gun budget was used up last year... and now you are selling it? :E Crying::E Crying::E Crying::E Crying::E Rofl:

And what a gorgeous rifle it is!

Very sad to see you sell it, I'm sure you'll make someone very happy with it :)

What a Beauty , wish I had the funds & in the US !

Good luck on both your sale & hunts !

One day I'll be cool enough to be in the kitchen counter top Mafia!

Beautiful rifle! GLWS!
Too funny!!! I am hunting with Toby458 this August and I have had several members call me the Toby of DR and yes we both use our kitchen to show our rifles for sale!

That is a superb rifle!

Oh man. This is a dream rifle, I'm closing in on this hunt in june and I cant part with the cash, but if I could this one would be mine. Total package with brass, dies, and projectiles. That is a sweet deal there. Good luck with the sale! I wish I could scoop this one up.

I have become the Toby of Double Rifles...lol!!! I have some expensive hunts I want to take especially to get my Rhino to finish out my quest for the big 5. I am therefore selling my 500 NE Westley Richards. The following are my costs and needs so as I always do there is full transparency. I paid $12,000 for the rifle at auction in France. It cost me $1,300 to get it here. I then paid JJ Perodeau to make the rifle perfect which he did for $1,400 with shipping I have all in $15,000. I have over $1,000 in bullets, dies and brass. I am looking for $21,500 which includes shipping to C US. Yes, I always have sold at my cost or up to 20% discount as so many of you have experienced but this rifle is worth my asking price with the components. Only the market will tell of course.

For sale, a Westley Richards built (see registry certificate from them) in 1908 in 500 NE 3 inch. This is a Westley Richards built for Army Navy as you can see on the certificate from Westley Richards. The rifle was completely refurbished to as new condition. When I bought the rifle I sent it to JJ Perodeau to have it checked out and he reported it was perfect after his once over and minor tightening. The red dot scope is not included. The gun regulates to 1.5 inches at 50 yards using IMR 3031 at 83 grains. The rifle has a 28 inch barrel and 15 LOP. It weighs 11.5 pounds which is perfect for a 500 NE. It is extractors, not ejectors. Included with the purchase is the following...good luck if you could even get these items as they are almost all out of stock but now you would have them:
550 bullets of A-Frames, Woodleigh in both Soft and FMJ and Hornady...see picture.
3 reloading dies, one RCBS, Hornady, Redding
200 pieces of brass.

See the pictures to see the absolute beauty of the rifle.
My bad and I went to GA Tech…just looked online at all my reloading supplies most OOS totals $3,125 not $1,000

I was going to say, as someone who has recently sourced 500NE components, your numbers are low! Beautiful rifle and a fair price for the package and what it is. My 500NE was serviced by JJ also and that brings a real peace of mind.

Oh man. This is a dream rifle, I'm closing in on this hunt in june and I cant part with the cash, but if I could this one would be mine. Total package with brass, dies, and projectiles. That is a sweet deal there. Good luck with the sale! I wish I could scoop this one up.
Thanks so much! All of us are so excited about your June hunt! You have worked so hard in every way to prepare yourself for success. Can’t wait to read the report!!!

Fantastic rifle!!
I see the certificate refers to 1903 manufacture. Not that it's particularly relevant.

Definitely one of the nicest "functional art" doubles put up here. I remember this gun at Dorleac (you got a great deal) and that's sort of key. You bought it from one of the best dealers in the world, then had it checked out by the best double rifle mechanic in America.

You've de-risked the purchase of a vintage gun at every step.

Sad to see you selling it, but I'm sure someone on this forum will get a lovely rifle!

(P.S. - It needs a proper fitted English case and an ANCSL label. I think I have both Mr new owner!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg