Westley-Richards 12ga SxS Scalloped Boxlock

Prairie Bird Gun

Silver supporter
AH member
Reaction score
Offering for sale my antique pre-1898 WR 12ga. This shotgun has newer sleeved barrels with no legible lettering on the rib. It has working ejectors and is chambered for 2 3/4” shells. It shoots delightfully with 1oz light target loads.

It has a wood stock extension that crawls it into a 15.75” LOP, could be easily removed for a rubber pad. 28” barrels choked mod/skeet. 1 5/8” on the comb and 2” on the heel.
The bores are good as well as the mechanicals. The photos tell the tale of furniture condition. No notable damage, just 130 years of field use. Excellent field gun and as cheap as a good WR gets.
I have history on this site, gunsinternational, and gunbroker.

This antique ships FREE to your door for $1400

IMG_2526.jpeg
IMG_2525.jpeg
IMG_2524.jpeg
IMG_2529.jpeg
IMG_2528.jpeg
IMG_2527.jpeg
IMG_2531.jpeg
IMG_2530.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaneDorset

Latest profile posts

JG26Irish_2 wrote on WISafariHunter's profile.
About Lon's Elephant hunts w/Tokoloshe? I hear Lon is battling cancer? What is his long term prognosis? I am already booked to hunt Africa in 2024 2025. Might consider 2026 for another African hunt. I want to hunt a more wild open region devoid of civilization. Concern is the risk that I book f/2026 then find poor Lon has passed on? Does Lon have any assistance to carry on the business in his absence?
Life is Short live it how you want...
jgraco33 wrote on 85lc's profile.
Is your 22HP still available? If so have the original case?
tacklers wrote on ianevans's profile.
Hi Ian, I'm contemplating my first outing, leaving UK via Dubai to Africa, taking rifles as you did.

I presume it went okay for you, would you have done anything differently? Cheers, Richard East Sussex
A.A. wrote on Msprenger!'s profile.
Are you still looking for a 375 H&H?