Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
PHASA, SCI, DSC, NRMEF, NWTF, DU, QDMA
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Botswana.
I just got back from our annual western Fly fishing trip with the boys from work. This year it was western Montana.... We fished 5 rivers in 6 days, and could not have hit the weather, water levels, or the fishing any better! The fish were hungry and most of the action was on the dry fly. I have so many great pics that I can't post them all..... Here are just a few of the highlights.
IMG_0594.JPG
IMG_0597.JPG
IMG_0602.JPG
IMG_0656.JPG
IMG_0636.JPG
IMG_0637.JPG
IMG_0564.JPG
IMG_0585.JPG
IMG_0553.JPG
IMG_0577.JPG

Nice trout and Sheep in the flats.
Nothing like a Bighorn with barbed wire in the picture. Much less climbing.

Yeah Brick,

Those sheep were in a cattle pasture in the Bitterroot Valley along Rock Creek.... Apparently a fairly common sight in the summer months according to our guide. We also saw elk, whitetails, mule deer, and golden & bald eagles every day in the river bottoms. The scenery is almost better than the fishing.....

Nice brownies!

Nice! I love going up there.... Fishing the Madison, Big Hole, Bighorn, Gallatin, etc.... Heading up to CO in a few weeks to fish the Big Thompson.

Browns and Bows and Rams to go ...... I'm a poet and didn't even know it ? .... LOL ! Looks like a great trip to put on a wish list !
Glen

Great stuff - lovely photos.

Cheers,
JWB300

Here's a couple more from my phone...
We usually do a guided float trip for 3 or 4 of the days and do a couple of DIY days walking and wading. I have been fishing with the same guide and outfit for a few years out there. They are excellent...! Anyone interested in a fly fishing trip to western Montana should look up Joe Cummings at the Missoula River Lodge.
IMG_0550.JPG
IMG_0558.JPG
IMG_0648.JPG

Anyone who does not fly fish is guilty of a wasted life.

A bad day of fly fishing ....is still way better then a good day at work !
Glen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg