Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI Badgerland Chapter, NRA, Local Sportsmen's Club
Hunted
South Africa, Tanzania
Does anyone have first-hand experience hunting with Western Colorado Hunting Outfitters? I'm researching for a 2021 or 2022 elk and mule deer hunt.

Please don't send recommendations for other outfitters at this point. I'm only beginning my research. I will certainly ask for recommendations if I need more help. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just for clarification. Is this a specific outfitter or a geographic area you are inquiring about?

Sorry no direct info on them so my knowledge is solely based on what I know about the area they hunt and what I see in their gallery. I assume you are talking about Western Colorado Outfitters based in Montrose. I perused their gallery. Most all the elk posted in the pics look to be on the scrawny side IMO- typical of and average for much of the State in units that have had liberal elk seasons on public land for a long time. However the deer in the gallery look pretty good and typical of better deer areas that are found up and down the Western Slope. As to the quality of service? Absolutely no info nor opinion on that. Apologies in advance if this is not the company you were asking about.

Their elk are typical for a general OTC hunting area here in Colorado. There will be a occasional trophy bull but not often. The CP&W manage these hunting units for quantity and not quality on the elk. On the deer, they can grow decent antlers on most of Colorado units and with the deer tags being totally draw it limits the harvest and hunters in these units.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arecruitment880

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!