Well thanks to all the enablers here... LOL

Milan

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Alberta, RSA
Beautiful rifle, sestoppelman! If I had one like that I could not care less what I wear to the range for footwear. LOL

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
So do I!
I don’t care if you shoot it buck naked provided the pics are just of the target! How the hell haven’t you shot this yet?!
Just got it yesterday!

PHOENIX PHIL

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa

7x57Joe

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Congrats Sestoppelman on an exquisite rifle and if it should shoot half as good as it looks, it will be bug holes! I've had a romance with the 7x57 since 1981 and have found it kills all out of proportion to it's modest size.

Kevin Peacocke

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SouthAfrica
I love the wood, nice grain and figure and the colour is very pleasing. Best of all the pancake cheek piece with the shadow - very classy. A rifle to be enjoyed on all levels, well done!

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
Got up today, weather was nasty, about 40F, sideways rain. I thought hmmm, perfect day to get acquainted with my new rifle! Off to the range I went. Half hour drive each way.
I had a box I had loaded for sighter/fouler loads that consists of 130 gr SMK's with 40 grs of AA2520 that I just pulled out of my hat. This rifle likes them, put several in the same hole while doing a modified shoot and clean process. I wont call it barrel break in because I don't really subscribe to the theory however with a brand new rifle and barrel, I am OK taking it easy to start with. I did 3 shots slowly, clean with #9 about 3 times, then again but added copper cleaner to the process to get whatever may be there, which was very little.
I then tried 4 rounds of Noslers 140 gr AccuBond load which my Nosler M48 rifle doesn't like at all despite its reputation for accuracy. Well, sad to say this rifle didn't like it either, put 4 in over 2"! Use it for expensive sighters!
Running out of time now I had 4 rounds I loaded just before I left home using 46grs of Hunter behind the Hornady 162 gr. BT bullet. Put 4 in a fat one inch! I like this kind of shooting on a first go round!

So for the first time out I couldn't be much happier, looks like it will be easy to find loads for and it functioned perfectly in all ways. Mag holds 5 down though book says 4+1 but I wont tell them. I discovered something interesting that other owners may know. The floorplate when released doesn't open very far, in fact just enough to allowed the follower to start out. I thought that's odd, why do that? So loaded 4 rounds in the mag, dropped it, and I think it was by design. When you open the floorplate on many rifles, you can easily end up with your rounds on the ground or in your pants cuffs. This way, you have time to reach down and just push the follower out of the way and your rounds fall into your hand. So if that was the intent, its pretty slick.
Will shoot it again on Monday, unlike so many of the guns I buy, this one might follow me to the hereafter!

Ridgewalker

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
It sounds like you got a keeper!

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
Stunning rifle! I’m happy for you! A very beautiful rifle! A true treasure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John458Lott

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Tally-Ho Hunting Safaris wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.
Lkhntr wrote on Warpig602's profile.
On the vx6 2-12 what does the zl2 stand for?

Thanks, Oliver
bowjijohn wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Many thanks for re formatting my article for the forum

I served my time in both the bush and during the bush war

I hope it did it justice

Education is where it is at - without it the wild places are history

You - sir - are well placed to make a difference

J