Well thanks to all the enablers here... LOL

Excellent, best of luck with it. I too recently purchased a shotgun in the higher priced bracket . Just something I’ve always wanted and it didn’t break the bank! Can’t say I wasn’t tempted to go several grades higher though!

I just dumped some serious bucks into a new rifle! Probably have it early next week as it ships tomorrow. What is it you ask? Well all this talk of new Rigby's and Mausers and such started to melt my noodle so having admired from afar for some time a particular rifle I bought it from a big dealer in Florida.

On its way is a NIB M98 Mauser Expert in 7x57, looks just like the Rigby HS with some cosmetic differences, but both rifles are Mauser built. Rifle has several neat features, the one coming has very nice wood and is just gorgeous.
Going to be a long few days wait for this one. Most I have ever spent on a rifle before is about 2K for a C. Sharps .45-70. This Mauser as most know is about three and a half times that amount, but WTH, its 2020 right?

Already sold one rifle, and have an old 03A3 listed on a mil rifle site, plan to list some others either here or on GB. I recently purchased a very nice Ruger No.1 in 9.3x74 that is going on the block so if anyone is interested shoot me a PM. There will be others as well.

Nice looking forward to the photos .:D Beers:. really like them...there is a m98 7x57 in gunshop here that fits me perfectly....so am staying away due to the Chinese fkn everything up with their export....even though he keeps offering terms :X3: :E Big Grin::A Outta:

So you have to wait a few days? .... I’m still waiting for my license to be approved for a 9x57 mauser bought 8 months ago!
Only have to wait for it ship, should have in a few days.... no waiting period or license required.

After ten years on hunting and gun forums, I've learned one thing. They aren't for the faint of heart or weak of wallet.

If I wasn't able to send a few things down the road, it would still be just a dream.

Nice rifle, you will have many enjoyable hours at the range and memories to come in the hunting fields.

Can’t wait to see pictures and see how the first shooting session goes!

Great rifle in an awesome caliber, congratulations all I can do is drool over rifles of that pedigree

So here we are, picked up just after noon today. Those who have rifles of this level already know what I have, this is my first foray into this class of rifle, not sure I deserve it!
This thing is even prettier in the flesh than the photos, simply stunning to my eye. Action is like working oiled ball bearings, just so smooth. Feeds and extracts rounds about like a well worked 1903 Springfield and there isn't much around that's smoother than that, but this is that kind of smooth. Wood is gorgeous, think they call it grade 5 in the Expert rifle. Love the attention to detail with all screws pointing the same way, the grip cap, the Original Mauser engraving on the barrel etc. Just neat. Here are some pics.

IMG_1623.JPG
IMG_1626.JPG
IMG_1621.JPG
IMG_1630.JPG
IMG_1628.JPG
IMG_1631.JPG
IMG_1632.JPG
IMG_1633.JPG
IMG_1624.JPG
IMG_1625.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Gorgeous rifle! Congratulations, the only Mauser I’ve got is an old k98, I’ve been drooling over their website.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg