AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
USA, ALASKA Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
Excellent, best of luck with it. I too recently purchased a shotgun in the higher priced bracket . Just something I’ve always wanted and it didn’t break the bank! Can’t say I wasn’t tempted to go several grades higher though!

Von Gruff

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.vongruffknives.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia
Congratulation, an excellent buy and you only need the 404 to go with it now and your rifle battery for game animals large and small is complete. The 7x57 and 404 make for a formidable pair and allow for hunting any game animal on the planet

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england
I just dumped some serious bucks into a new rifle! Probably have it early next week as it ships tomorrow. What is it you ask? Well all this talk of new Rigby's and Mausers and such started to melt my noodle so having admired from afar for some time a particular rifle I bought it from a big dealer in Florida.

On its way is a NIB M98 Mauser Expert in 7x57, looks just like the Rigby HS with some cosmetic differences, but both rifles are Mauser built. Rifle has several neat features, the one coming has very nice wood and is just gorgeous.
Going to be a long few days wait for this one. Most I have ever spent on a rifle before is about 2K for a C. Sharps .45-70. This Mauser as most know is about three and a half times that amount, but WTH, its 2020 right?

Already sold one rifle, and have an old 03A3 listed on a mil rifle site, plan to list some others either here or on GB. I recently purchased a very nice Ruger No.1 in 9.3x74 that is going on the block so if anyone is interested shoot me a PM. There will be others as well.

Nice looking forward to the photos .:D Beers:. really like them...there is a m98 7x57 in gunshop here that fits me perfectly....so am staying away due to the Chinese fkn everything up with their export....even though he keeps offering terms :X3: :E Big Grin::A Outta:

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
So you have to wait a few days? .... I’m still waiting for my license to be approved for a 9x57 mauser bought 8 months ago!
Only have to wait for it ship, should have in a few days.... no waiting period or license required.

Hogpatrol

Silver supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA ,SCCFSA, Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
After ten years on hunting and gun forums, I've learned one thing. They aren't for the faint of heart or weak of wallet.

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
If I wasn't able to send a few things down the road, it would still be just a dream.

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england

AZDAVE

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa, Alaska,lower 48
Nice rifle, you will have many enjoyable hours at the range and memories to come in the hunting fields.

Ridgewalker

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
Can’t wait to see pictures and see how the first shooting session goes!

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
So here we are, picked up just after noon today. Those who have rifles of this level already know what I have, this is my first foray into this class of rifle, not sure I deserve it!
This thing is even prettier in the flesh than the photos, simply stunning to my eye. Action is like working oiled ball bearings, just so smooth. Feeds and extracts rounds about like a well worked 1903 Springfield and there isn't much around that's smoother than that, but this is that kind of smooth. Wood is gorgeous, think they call it grade 5 in the Expert rifle. Love the attention to detail with all screws pointing the same way, the grip cap, the Original Mauser engraving on the barrel etc. Just neat. Here are some pics.

IMG_1623.JPG
IMG_1626.JPG
IMG_1621.JPG
IMG_1630.JPG
IMG_1628.JPG
IMG_1631.JPG
IMG_1632.JPG
IMG_1633.JPG
IMG_1624.JPG
IMG_1625.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn77G7

Latest profile posts

Pondoro wrote on Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS's profile.
Hello...could you please pm me regarding what species available on this fly-camp offer....can cape buffalo be taken for instance..? Trophy prices..?
matt vejar wrote on kevin masters's profile.
Kevin,
Played rookie league for the Yankees in Paintsville after winning the College World Series at Fullerton State, in1979. All I could think about was the movie “Deliverance”- lived up in a hollow with some other players. Refused to go on a moonshine run because it was a dry county-no way. Met some of the nicest people on the planet there! Van Lear the home of Loretta Lynn was highlight of summer LOL.
Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.