AH legend
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
united state- Co Nm Mt Wy Pa , canada ,mexico ,south africa- Northwest, Limpopo, freestste.Northern cape,East cape, namibia
Found out today I drew an archery elk tag and rifle mule deer tag. Dakota drew a rifle mule deer tag and a muzzleloader pronghorn tag. Went 4 for 6 on tags we try to draw this year.

Hunting starts for us in aug this year now and can not wait. May try to add a mtn lion for Dakota when out on his mule deer hunt but that is up in the air yet.

Found out today I drew an archery elk tag and rifle mule deer tag. Dakota drew a rifle mule deer tag and a muzzleloader pronghorn tag. Went 4 for 6 on tags we try to draw this year.

Hunting starts for us in aug this year now and can not wait. May try to add a mtn lion for Dakota when out on his mule deer hunt but that is up in the air yet.

Nice, sounds like it should be a great hunt.

Nice, sounds like it should be a great hunt.

They best is it will be some great hunts. Have some good friends in new mexico and looking forward to sharing a camp with them again. My friend is already making plans and he drew an elk tag same time frame. We had a blast last time we drew the same hunt.

Will do Dakotas pronghorn in aug then go scout for elk a few days on the same trip out. Plus the area has had some good moisture already this year so will be a good growing year on the elk and deer.

Good for you and Dakota!

What units will you be hunting?

I once bugled-in a nice jeep during the New Mexico bow season. :V Hitting:

I drew unit 10 for elk and deer. Dakota is 17 for deer and 52 for the speedgoat. Tried to draw him a unit 17 elk tag to hunt for a gaint bull but no luck. If we get to do mtn lion it will be in 17 also.

I will be on Elk in unit 4 first week in Oct.

Going just across the border in CO again this year elk hunting. You're going to have better odds than me!

I will be on Elk in unit 4 first week in Oct.

I have never hunted unit 4 but drove through it and it is great looking country. Good luck on your hunt.

Royal I know you like that family hunt you do in co. so enjoy yourself. One day will get Pieter and loodt over to chase some elk to.

Just returned from my unit 4 hunt. The locker plant was full, but I only saw one elk, and it's in the bed of the truck. I saw a monster in the back of a truck from southern CO passing thru Chama. While there are some nice bulls, they are tuff to find. Unit 4 needs clamp down on the number of permits and think about an antler restriction, to get the quality up. Right now if you want a monster, the 2 private game ranches are the way to go, except for the price.

I read once in the past what the cost was on the private ranches. If I remember correctly, it was more than a high end many animal plains game hunt in SA including air fare!

I read once in the past what the cost was on the private ranches. If I remember correctly, it was more than a high end many animal plains game hunt in SA including air fare!

Yes.... You are looking at $10k+..... Going up to $25k on Bulls over 400". Accommodations are nice I am sure. But still....

Hope you tagged out. I hunted unit 34 for mule deer, could have shot a fork horn every day. Had my opening day stalk ruined by a woman hiker and her dog, not angry they were there, just that the dog wasn't leashed and not only spooked the nice 3x4 desert mule deer I was after, but ran him into the next zip code. I also learned that my practice of not having a round chambered while hiking may not be the best choice, missed opportunity on a decent 3x3. Hope your hunts all went well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg