sandman0921

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI (Life), RMEF (Life), DU, NWTF, NRA (Patron Life), GOA, DSC (Life), WSF (Life), B&C Club (Sponsor Associate Member), USSA (Associate Member)
Hunted
USA (GA, TN, AR, TX, FL, UT, NM, WY, MT, AK, IL, MO, IA); Canada (NWT, BC); Africa (Tanzania)
A very interesting read, and actually very fairly written considering that it was in the NY Times....

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/16/sports/bighorn-sheep-hunting.html?_r=2

Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 8.16.22 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing this.

Thanks for sharing

Good article. Thanks for sharing.

I liked the article and feel it is well written. I tried to skim the posts / comments and after two had to stop. There is just no changing the antis minds.

thi9elsp,

I agree, but if you skim down through the many posts (appx 235 at last count), there actually are a fair amount of reasonable, non-hunters commenting in the positive on the article, and making very valid points in support of hunting as a conservation tool, and this from a largely urban-based readership. While not necessarily wanting to participate in hunting, they at least acknowledge the value of the conservation aspect that hunting plays. Of course, there's also the typical irrational sentiments and comments that always accompany these articles, but overall I was surprised at the number of objective comments that were in the affirmative. Of course leave the article up a few more days, and I'm sure HSUS and the other anti-hunting whackos will have their internet army trying to overwhelm all reasonable discussion in the commentary section.....

Again, I agree with your comment in general, in that I usually don't read many comments on articles such as these, because they just end up making me aggravated.......

Well written good article. The comments same ole same ole anti stuff. There were a few non hunters who had good things to say. There is hope after all.

A slimmer of hope...It's up to us boy's and girls.... That means getting the kids in the field.

Not a bad write-up. Helps explain how hunting dollars benefit wildlife and conservation, As was mentioned on another site, and I agree with, would have carried more weight if jr was left out....on another note KUIU margins don't appear to be suffering.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattieHayw

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,