Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
PHASA, SCI, DSC, NRMEF, NWTF, DU, QDMA
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Botswana.
Hello to All,

My name is Dan Leahy (a.k.a. Firehuntfish) here on the forum since 2009. I would like to briefly re-introduce myself and my affiliation with AH.com's newest sponsor, Limcroma Safaris. My wife and I have had the good fortune to have hunted and traveled around Africa many times over the years. In that time, we have hunted with several great outfits in many locations throughout Southern Africa. Yet, for us, no one else has impressed us quite like Limcroma. Limcroma Safaris has created a niche for themselves as an outfitter by specializing in hosting couples and families. My wife and I have shared many incredible experiences with them, and subsequently, we have become dear friends with Hannes Els, the owner, the Els family, and many of the PHs and staff members.

For quite some time, I have been proud to act as a reference for Limcroma Safaris. Most recently, I have convinced my friend Hannes to become an AH.com sponsor. Hannes has asked me to be his representative here on AH.com which I will do with pleasure. Although I don't consider myself to be an African expert compared to so many knowledgeable folks here, I do believe I am able to offer a well-traveled "client's perspective" to the research and planning process. We have definitely learned the "do's & don'ts" when traveling to Africa, and I am happy to offer advice or assistance to anyone planning an African adventure. Even if Limcroma is not your outfitter of choice, don't hesitate to call on me. I love to talk hunting and share my experiences. It would be my pleasure to help if I can.

Thank you for the opportunity to introduce Limcroma Safaris to the AH.com community. We will look forward to sharing a sundowner around the camp fire with some of you in the greatest hunting destination in the world!

Most sincere regards, Dan Leahy

Glad to have Limcroma as a sponsor on AH.
I'm looking forward to seeing what contributions are forthcoming.

Good luck.

Very cool!

Enjoy the new "job"!!!

Welcome to AH! Glad to see your part of the team.

Welcoming a new sponsor to AH.

Welcome sir. I'm sure you will be able to help people understand the dos and don'ts

Welcome to AH Hannes & Dan! Looking forward to your contribution!

Welcome to AH!

Great to see Limcroma Safaris represented here.

Good job Dan !!!!!!!

Welcome to AH !

Great to have you on the forum Limcroma Safaris! I have always heard good things about Els and Limcroma. Looking forward to the expert input.

Thank you all for the kind welcome... I'll do my best to get Hannes engaged on here as much as possible. This time of year, there is not enough hours in the day for him...As the season winds down, he will have alot more time to interact on the forum....

Charlie,
The Limcroma crew is looking forward to hosting you and your wife! The departure day will be here before you know it...I'm awaiting Marvin Jordan's report and photos. I think he's still in the clouds from his safari..! Hopefully he will write up his adventure when he comes back down to Earth...

Welcome!(y)
Welcome!(y)
Welcome!(y)

Just got back from hunting with Limcroma and had an absolute blast. This was my fifth safari to Africa and they have by far the nicest camp I have ever stayed at. I chose Limcroma for a couple different reasons with the main ones being how great they were with first time hunters (my wife) and how great the camp/staff was. Boy was I happy with my choice.

I took a wonderful male lion that we tracked for several days on foot and then my wife took over the hunting harvesting a zebra, gemsbok, white and black springbok, and a really large baboon. We were after a large Kudu and with her being a first time hunter we had a little diffuculty getting her on a big one. We did a shot the next to last afternoon but she had to shoot through a tree and we aren't sure what happened with the bullet. I probably had too of standards for her first Kudu (I have a 55" so I wanted her to holdout for a 56"+) and we passed a lot of 50-54" Kudu early in the hunt we should have taken in hindsight. Though she didnt get a Kudu she was absolutely tickled pink with everything she took and had a great time on her first trip over. In fact I have a trip planned next summer to Moz and she is hinting at wanting to go now as well. If you are a wanting to hunt in RSA I would highly recommend Limcroma. Had a great trip and met some great people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg