Weirdest animal shot and what with?

Skinnersblade

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Evening gents , @Bob Nelson 35Whelen and I were recently having a private conversation and the subject of weird game animals came up. After we got done laughing we decided to pose the question to the rest of the class.

So hear it goes: what’s the weirdest animal you’ve shot and what with?

p.s. this is all done in good fun and ment to lighten the mood.

Fred Gunner

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Boss Baboon with a Ruger 375...This primate would have been magnificent on my wall...and sparked endless debates...however the 300gr accubond left little for the taxidermist to work with...I want another
fullsizeoutput_93c.jpeg

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SSAA
Hunted
Australia
Evening gents , @Bob Nelson 35Whelen and I were recently having a private conversation and the subject of weird game animals came up. After we got done laughing we decided to pose the question to the rest of the class.

So hear it goes: what’s the weirdest animal you’ve shot and what with?

p.s. this is all done in good fun and ment to lighten the mood.
@Skinnersblade
Mate the weirdest thang I ever shot was my sabre tooth field mouse. I was just retiring to bed when the mate heard a blood chilling roar.Immediately I grabbed the only gun I had at the time, the mighty 22 Flintstone eye bunger. The mate switched on his head torch and there caught in the beam at a range of 50 yards was the biggest bastard of a sabre tooth field mouse I had ever seen. Fortunately the old Eyebunger was spot on at that range and I let loose on the fearsome beast. After the dust and smoke settled all that was left was a tail and a bloody big hole in the ground. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me on th at trip, maybe next time. The old Eyebunger was just to much gun maybe next time I'll have to use my 14 Walker Hornet, I might be able to skin one then to show you.
Geeze mate just woke up I might have to lay off the Bundy and stick to vegemite sandwiches. It gives you horrible night mares.
I think I might need to get bush and do some real hunting instead of drinking Bundy and having weird dreams.
Bob

Randy F

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
US and South Africa
that looks like the proper way to store a snake, I can’t for the life of me understand people who want to keep on as a pet.
He’s my pet alright. If you zoom in you can see him in his cage above the door. ;)

FE328701-F285-46D3-82F2-66CACAF1B0C5.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Randy F

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
US and South Africa
Are you drinking what bob is? ( this is where I’d insert one of @spike.t crazy bottle smiley faces if I knew how)
If Bob is drinking what I’m thinking Bob is drinking then yes I’m drinking what Bob is drinking. I think everyone should drink what Bob drinks. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoButeau

Latest profile posts

Pondoro wrote on Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS's profile.
Hello...could you please pm me regarding what species available on this fly-camp offer....can cape buffalo be taken for instance..? Trophy prices..?
matt vejar wrote on kevin masters's profile.
Kevin,
Played rookie league for the Yankees in Paintsville after winning the College World Series at Fullerton State, in1979. All I could think about was the movie “Deliverance”- lived up in a hollow with some other players. Refused to go on a moonshine run because it was a dry county-no way. Met some of the nicest people on the planet there! Van Lear the home of Loretta Lynn was highlight of summer LOL.
Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.