Weatherby 375 H&H

JPmbogo

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Willapa Harbor Gun Club
Semi-custom Weatherby Mark V rebarreled in the venerable 375 H&H. Barrel has been ported and fitted with a single leaf express sight. Talley rings. 98% condition. I am sure I will be asked "how does it shoot"? I have only shot it with the express sight so I can't comment whether it will put five shots in the same hole at 100 yds. , etc. However, with the ported barrel it is a fairly soft shooter. I will include one box of Remington 270 gr with the sale. Priced very fairly at $1200. I will ship in a hard case. Shipping cost to be determined based on your zip but figure around $100 including insurance. I have many more photos available so please PM me if further interested.

DSC00984cR.JPG
DSC00985R.JPG
DSC00989R.JPG
DSC00997R.JPG
DSC01005R.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Additional notes on the Weatherby. It is of Japanese manufacture. Probably started life as either a 300 or 340 based on markings on magazine box. Has been glassed-bedded/reinforced at the recoil lug with a small additional bedding of the barrel.

Wow, beautiful wood on that Weatherby, good luck.

Just for the record, here's the ammo to be included:
375R.jpg

Bottom line, $1100 shipped. CONUS only.

Man, that’s a great deal in that Weatherby. Too bad I’m Safari broke :(

BTW, I posted this on the Weatherby Nation Forum. Hopefully someone will respond.

Thanks. Surprised that I have not received any interest. With the custom bbl., etc. this is nicer than any factory issue. Oh well, I ain't goin' any lower. Just need a little more safe space. Guess I'll just get another safe!

26 inch barrel?
Standard contour the way it looks?
How is the trigger?
Since it has been worked on just some?s
Thanks

24" - Trigger is reasonably crisp at 4-5# guessing without using my gauge. Neither I nor my local 'smith who took it in trade a couple of years ago know who did the barrel work, but looks and shoots just fine. Clearly a professional job. Muzzle mics at .635.

24" - Trigger is reasonably crisp at 4-5# guessing without using my gauge. Neither I nor my local 'smith who took it in trade a couple of years ago know who did the barrel work, but looks and shoots just fine. Clearly a professional job. Muzzle mics at .63

Very nice gun. Wow glad someone else bought it.

Great snag Krish!!! The wood on that Weatherby is gorgeous, and I’m sure better when you have her in your hand.

@JPmbogo, 10% commission sounds about right??? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Sold, pending funds. Thanks, all.

WOW!! a beautiful Mark V incl talley base/rings & a box of ammo for $1100. Some folks would be calling the police to report a steal. Congratulations to both seller and buyer.

Thanks all for the positive comments. And yes, I have paperwork to prove that I originally and legally purchased the rifle from a licensed dealer. I enjoy a bit of gun trading now and then, and certainly not for profit. It's more like buy high and sell low! However, I do try to avoid that approach on Wall Street.

@JPmbogo, I believe @Ray B was being sarcastic of the great deal krish got. I don't believe he was trying to insinuate you stole the rifle. ;) I think this is all a misunderstanding.

BTW, @JPmbogo is a solid member of this forum. I've purchased from him with no issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg