We Test-drive A Covid-19 Safari During South Africa's Lockdown

NamStay

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
WE TEST-DRIVE A COVID-19 SAFARI DURING SOUTH AFRICA'S LOCKDOWN

Screenshot_2020-06-22 COVID-19 safari during lockdown we test-drive - Africa Geographic.jpg

Last week I spent several days at a safari lodge in Timbavati (Greater Kruger) to test-drive a safari under South Africa’s Covid-19 lockdown levels 3 and 2 regulations. I had contacted the Tanda Tula Safari Camp team a few days before and challenged them to treat my group as lab-rats to test their readiness to host guests right here, right now.

This is my subjective report-back about the experience, educated by feedback from my two travel companions – my wife Lizz, who manages team logistics at Africa Geographic, and freelance guide and photographer/videographer Villiers Steyn (aka The Safari Expert – watch his video trip report here). We all live in the bushveld town of Hoedspruit, a 20-minute drive from the Timbavati. I cannot extrapolate this experience to make a statement about the entire region’s readiness to get back to safari operations immediately. Still, I can try to give you a feel for a safari experience under this level of lockdown.

One more contextual note: once lockdown is lifted, your safaris are likely to continue as they did – with minor changes relating to personal hygiene matters. Again, this story covers a safari under South Africa’s current level 2 & 3 lockdown regulations.

So here goes…

Read more here: https://africageographic.com/stories/covid-19-safari-during-lockdown-we-test-drive/#bluesky

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattieHayw

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,