Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, DU, Pheasants Forever
Hunted
Canada, United States, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Eastern Cape; Northern Cape; North West Province, Natal, Mpumalanga, Limpopo), Namibia, Cameroon, Benin, Ethiopia, Liberia, Mozambique, Argentina
Just saw this in my morning New York Times (no cracks about my choice of newspapers!):

The board of the Humane Society of the United States decided Thursday to retain its longtime chief executive despite an investigation that has uncovered multiple harassment complaints against him, according to one of the board members and news media reports. The decision prompted several people on the board to resign, the board member said.

A report in The Washington Post said that investigators had identified three complaints of sexual harassment against the chief executive, Wayne Pacelle, and also found that senior female leaders claimed that their warnings about workplace misconduct had been overlooked.
I'm sure it was all in the name of the animals. So that makes it OK.

Hank, you were a little slow on this one, this news came out I believe 3 days ago....BUT, you were the first one to mention it on our forum. I have been waiting to see how long it would take! Elephants have been the primary topic of choice recently!!!

Last edited:
Hank, you were a little slow on this one, this news came out I believe 3 days ago....BUT, you were the first one to mention it on our forum. I have been waiting to see how it long it would take! Elephants have been the primary topic of choice recently!!!
Mea culpa. My only excuse is that I’m living in the UK at the moment so don’t have the access I usually do!

But it’s lots of fun just the same!

Mea culpa. My only excuse is that I’m living in the UK at the moment so don’t have the access I usually do!

But it’s lots of fun just the same!
Have been fortunate to visit London and a few other cities 5 or 6 times. For a huge city, I agree it is a fun place. Don't know if I could handle it for 6 or 8 months straight though. Maybe when I was younger!

Just saw this in my morning New York Times (no cracks about my choice of newspapers!):

The board of the Humane Society of the United States decided Thursday to retain its longtime chief executive despite an investigation that has uncovered multiple harassment complaints against him, according to one of the board members and news media reports. The decision prompted several people on the board to resign, the board member said.

A report in The Washington Post said that investigators had identified three complaints of sexual harassment against the chief executive, Wayne Pacelle, and also found that senior female leaders claimed that their warnings about workplace misconduct had been overlooked.
I'm sure it was all in the name of the animals. So that makes it OK.

It's actually interesting how there has been a very muted reporting of this.

One of the best lines ever is this one from a director of HSUS, who is an 83 year old woman:

“The C.E.O. stays, and rightfully so,” she said. “We’re not an association that investigates sexual harassment. We raise funds for animals.”
Can you imagine any other organization saying such a thing and seemingly getting away with it? What if NBC had said that about Matt Lauer? What if The Weinstein Company had said that about Harvey Weinstein? Sounds like she's giving Wayne a pass to keep it up (no pun intended!)!

HSUS donors, where are you now?

Doesn't matter what happens to humans as long as the puppies and kitties are ok, and as long as someone else pays for it.

Another reason to hate them.

Doesn't matter what happens to humans as long as the puppies and kitties are ok, and as long as someone else pays for it.

Yes and as long as only 1-2% of the money actually goes to the cats and dogs while the rest goes to lobbying and bloated salaries

Last edited:
They probably mistook the friendly leg humping as a sexual advance, he was saying hello in dog language. Lol

One of the best lines ever is this one from a director of HSUS, who is an 83 year old woman:

“The C.E.O. stays, and rightfully so,” she said. “We’re not an association that investigates sexual harassment. We raise funds for animals.”
Can you imagine any other organization saying such a thing and seemingly getting away with it? What if NBC had said that about Matt Lauer? What if The Weinstein Company had said that about Harvey Weinstein? Sounds like she's giving Wayne a pass to keep it up (no pun intended!)!

You know, honestly, that quote is just not at all funny. What an absolutely ridiculous thing for a board to say. I cannot believe that there isn't a lawyer in the entire USA that wouldn't have that class action in their sights! How many women had to put up with this egotistical Neanderthal? What a crazy cult HSUS is.

The 83 year old executive may well be helping future claimants win their lawsuit with that comment.
I had a college professor tell my business class some 40 years ago that the cardinal rule in business was “ don’t get your ____ and your paycheck in the same place”. I think a lot of people could have benefited from the lecture Professor Mounge gave that day on business ethics.

Charlie, my Professor was more erudite than yours, he told us not to dip our pen in the company inkwell. The message, I believe,was the same.

I believe the clean saying is: "Don't get your honey where you get your money."

CEO will stay, until HSUS can no longer afford it. I am confidant that one of my brethren will make them reach that point sometime soon.

You know, honestly, that quote is just not at all funny. What an absolutely ridiculous thing for a board to say. I cannot believe that there isn't a lawyer in the entire USA that wouldn't have that class action in their sights! How many women had to put up with this egotistical Neanderthal? What a crazy cult HSUS is.
@Pheroze, I don't think it's funny. I think it's unbelievable. That was my point. Could you imagine anyone else taking such a position - essentially, we don't care what our CEO does to summer interns, he's here because of the money he raises?

It seems donors are starting to react. That will make the HSUS board sit up and take notice. They will find that they will not be able to defend Mr. Pacelle, and the fact that he may be good at his job (as they - not I - see it) won't amount to a pinch of you-know-what.

That's the world we live in today. I don't like it personally - people can be put out of work and essentially have their reputations ruined by anonymous accusations, many of them amounting to nothing more than boorish conduct at worst, but that's where are for the time being. So as long as we're there, I can't say I feel bad for him.

Then to go on after that with this rationalization! :A Blink:

Mr. Pacelle has “done nothing wrong,” she added, saying, “Which red-blooded male hasn’t sexually harassed somebody? Women should be able to take care of themselves."

@Pheroze, I don't think it's funny. I think it's unbelievable. That was my point. Could you imagine anyone else taking such a position - essentially, we don't care what our CEO does to summer interns, he's here because of the money he raises?

It seems donors are starting to react. That will make the HSUS board sit up and take notice. They will find that they will not be able to defend Mr. Pacelle, and the fact that he may be good at his job (as they - not I - see it) won't amount to a pinch of you-know-what.

That's the world we live in today. I don't like it personally - people can be put out of work and essentially have their reputations ruined by anonymous accusations, many of them amounting to nothing more than boorish conduct at worst, but that's where are for the time being. So as long as we're there, I can't say I feel bad for him.

I knew you were unimpressed with this entire debacle. I didn't mean to direct my comment at you. Sorry for that misunderstanding.

Then to go on after that with this rationalization! :A Blink:

Mr. Pacelle has “done nothing wrong,” she added, saying, “Which red-blooded male hasn’t sexually harassed somebody? Women should be able to take care of themselves."

A plaintiffs class action lawyer could not script this any better!

Do you think the attorneys might get hold of the report for their impending action?

Seven Humane Society of the U.S. board members resigned to protest a decision to keep CEO Wayne Pacelle despite an internal into sexual harassment complaints and settlements to cover them up, The Washington Post reported.

The resignations followed a vote by the nonprofit’s 31-member board on Thursday to keep Pacelle in his job, according to the Post.

Pacelle was the focus of a damning report compiled last month by a law firm hired by the Humane Society detailing three women’s complaints that the CEO sexually harassed them, including a former employee who said Pacelle asked to masturbate in front of her in 2006.

The charity offered settlements to three additional women who were “demoted or dismissed” after speaking up about Pacelle’s behavior, the Post reported, citing a summary of the law firm’s findings. Senior women in the organization reportedly warned Pacelle that sexual relationships with subordinates, as well as with donors and volunteers, jeopardized the charity.

Pacelle denied the allegations, telling the Post they were a “coordinated attempt to attack me and the organization.”

No board members commented on the meeting’s outcome, according to the newspaper. One of the women whose complaint was part of the investigation expressed disappointment.

“To have at our helm an individual that has abused his power is a tragedy,” said Reasa Haggard Currier. “I don’t care if I get fired for saying that.”

Several donors had called for Pacelle’s ouster, and one, Greenbaum Foundation’s Jim Greenbaum, said he wouldn’t be renewing his Humane Society donation.

Pacelle, meanwhile, said no donors told him they would withdraw their funding.

“I’ve gotten hundreds that have said the opposite,” he said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...ent-wayne-pacelle_us_5a743dbbe4b01ce33eb1ab2f

I sincerely hope the HSUS continue their current tactics and thus expose themselves for who they are. (I had to)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indiagpt

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois