AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Member of
SCI , PHASA
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe
This is a short video of a waterbuck hunt in the Eastern Cape of South Africa with Leopards Valley Safaris.
This hunt took place on our neighboring concession of 65 square miles of hunting area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great video Dave.

Looks like a great hunt! Well done!

nice video , great bull , congrats

nice video and great trophy...

thank you for sharing...

Thanks guys. I have a few more hunts coming up.

Great video quality!

That is some really nice video footage. Great waterbuck. Congrats. Bruce

I liked it!!! Want a Waterbuck.

For some reason, I have always thought a trophy waterbuck is one of the most magnificent African animals alive, and always enjoy looking at them. For myself at least, I put the waterbuck right up there with a Kudu, Nyala, etc. I just love the way they look. Certainly one of the animals I definitely want to hunt one day.

As an aside, is it true that waterbuck stink to high hell? I've always heard that they have a very oily coat, and as such have a very pungent, musky odor.

Congratulations on a wonderful animal, and thanks for sharing the video.

They don't stink, a lot of myths written about them, meat is great too. Hide is a little oily.

Nice bull! A friend of mine hunted with you this past summer/fall and had a great time. It's got me thinking....!

I almost pooped my pants when I saw the left ear of that bull move as the hunters came in to recover!

Regarding the smell of the Waterbuck...it is very unique...at least to my nose.

The one animal I was able to smell numerous time in the bush, without actually ever seeing the one I was smelling. At least, until I shot one.

Not a bad smell at all...actually kinda nice.

Thanks guys. Waterbuck do have a unique smell and will leave an oily residue on your hands when u touch them. In the breeding season their smell gets stronger..
If you skin them out correctly they have pretty good meat.
Regards

I have just loaded a cape buff hunt. Let me know your thoughts
Warm regards

Very good video, thanks for sharing.
the meat is very good to eat if skinned properly .
vitals forward ,was surprised your hunter shot him in the shoulder at the angel the bull was standing. Forrest

Great video.
Waterbuck was on top of my list and I was happy to get a nice one.Your video brought back great memories.
Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you