Water proof boots

Anything above 10-15 F with good socks. These are not an artic boot. But, they will keep your lower legs dry.

Get some of Kenetrek’s waterproofing boot wax. It’s available on their website. I’ve used it quite a bit.
Philip

Wonder how they will look with breeks?
Very Anglo-Irish I am sure. ;) I am more of a "stiefelhosen aus leder" type. The trousers in the middle picture are red stag leather Meindl boot pants designed for hunting with a tall boot. They come down to the top of the ankle with zipper closure for a very tight fit. Sort of the traditional Teutonic answer to breeks. A far more manly approach to outdoor wear. :E Furious:

In the old pre Gortex days mink oil was my go to. Sno-Seal also worked well. However, they definitely didn’t make boots waterproof.
With Goretex, I’ve found that if you’re going to be slogging around in water all day, your feet will get wet, but for causal contact with water works very well. Rubber boots will keep your feet dry from outside water but they do tend to make your feet sweat.

The only truly "waterproof" boots other than a Wellie of some sort that I have found for hunting are Dubarry. https://www.dubarry.com/men/footwear/country-boots/?p=3 I don't use them in Africa, but I have hunted all over the US , BC, Argentina and Europe in them. They are not a true mountain boot, but are great for everything else. For warmer conditions, I love the Galway - for a bit colder, the Wexford. Just an incredible product.

Based on that glowing review I ordered a pair. Tested them out to see how they would fit with my layered hunting gear for South Dakota.

Hunting Outfit 1 Cropped.jpeg

Based on that glowing review I ordered a pair. Tested them out to see how they would fit with my layered hunting gear for South Dakota.

View attachment 371446
Looks like the Wexford. Great boot! I love mine. And seriously, what could look better? :cool:

Looks like the Wexford. Great boot! I love mine. And seriously, what could look better? :cool:

Yes, they are and they do indeed look great. It should also go well with tweed breeks for my pheasant hunt in Scotland next October. :cool:

Perfectly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Efren35C00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross