Water buffalo caliber recommendation

Sarg

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
New Zealand - Australia - Sumatra - Kenya - Zimbabwe - Namibia - South Africa - Botswana - Alaska - Nevada - Hokkaido - Greenland - New Caledonia
Cheers thank you !
Oh are those two Grants in your avatar ?

I thought I asked before but it got lost some where ?

grand veneur

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
I shot in the nineties three water buffalos near the Taman Negara NP in the district Pahang/Malaysia.

For all three I used the cartridge 9,3x74R and an 293gr FMJ bullet. It went more or less without problems because the shooting distances in the jungle or in the palm oil plantations on the border were very short. Nevertheless, due to the size of the game I would have wished a bigger and stronger cartridge.

Hunter-Habib

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Zambia , Namibia , Kenya , Mozambique , Zimbabwe
I shot in the nineties three water buffalos near the Taman Negara NP in the district Pahang/Malaysia.

For all three I used the cartridge 9,3x74R and an 293gr FMJ bullet. It went more or less without problems because the shooting distances in the jungle or in the palm oil plantations on the border were very short. Nevertheless, due to the size of the game I would have wished a bigger and stronger cartridge.
Do you remember what firearms the local hunters/your guides were using ?

grand veneur

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
25.jpeg
23.jpg

Scannen 6 (3).jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
500 Nitro Express

Latest profile posts

We will be at the Dallas show and the SCI show in 2023. Booth # to be updated soon.
geoff rath wrote on Von Gruff's profile.
G'day, Von Gruff; Could you give me an idea on your Bearded Chef Knife, as per your posted photos, delivered to Australia? I'd like to reward a good mate (excellent amateur chef) who has done me big favours in the past. Cheers, Geoff Rath
Tokoloshe Safaris wrote on TERMINATOR's profile.
I just received a forwarded e-mail from you, concerning our Web Site. We just finished a leopard hunt yesterday. While on the hunt my wife mentioned to me that she had finally had it with the person that was maintaining the site and that she was going to get someone else to maintain the site.

If the site is not active you can contact me thru the AH forum.

Cheers, Lon Denney
Tokoloshe Safaris,
Zimbabwe
Bwana Man wrote on Jager Waffen74's profile.
Interested in the
  • JP Sauer 90 Luxus .375 H&H West German with EAW swing mounts and Varix III 2.5-8x40 scope (Euro Model hand rubbed oil, express sights) 99.9%
yamoon wrote on C.W. Richter's profile.
Hello
The book is still available, I will consider it sold. Personal check is fine. Send me your address.
Thanks
Michael
[redacted]