Warthog Skeleton

Tim1990

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Articles
What did you have to do to get them to clean the bones and not lose any? If dont mind me asking, what did the Taxi charge you to clean all the bones and keep track of them?
I teached them on the Farm how to clean them. They macerated the Skeleton in mesh bags and did the normal Dip & pack procedure.

If dont mind me asking, what did the Taxi charge you to clean all the bones and keep track of them? I think a muntjac or some of the Tiny 10 would be awesome.
I just payed the normal Dip & Pack prices for a plain Warthog skull (something about 70-80€). The Farm does the Dip&Pack itself and also manages the shipping. I would also have taken another species with me, but this Warthog had a nice shot with low damages to the skeleton.

I may be looking at it wrong, but are using something between the joints/spine? What is that? Seems you are well versed in this and i would potentially be a first timer doing this so i'm curious if biting off more then i should already lol

This is epoxy sculpt, which i use to recreate the intervertebral disks (i hope this is the right word for them in english) :)

If you take your time for such a project, its not impossible, even for a first timer

Woodcarver

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA Benefactor Life, Ducks Unlimited Life, RMEF Life, NAHC Life
Hunted
USA (CO, KS, TX, WA, AZ, TN), Alberta, Canada
Really cool, unique form of taxidermy! A euro mount on steroids! Looking forward to the next installment!

Sika98k

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Europe
Member of
Wild Deer Association of Ireland
Hunted
Kenya,Namibia, Croatia, Morocco Ireland,Scotland,Denmark, Romania, Sweden,Norway,Latvia,Germany,Hungary,
On looking at the seco picture I said to myself “ I hope that guy likes jigsaw puzzles “. Apparently you do ! Good work

Tim1990

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Articles
So Iam almost done with the Skeleton :)
8e0de369-5d7a-42d7-a617-a08f26c6dfaa.jpg
IMG_0654.JPG

Jaegger

Gold supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Kaiserslautern R&G Club, NRA, SCI, RMEF.
Hunted
Namibia x 5; S Africa x2; Zimbabwe x1; DE, CZ, N. America
Super cool project - the finished skeleton is a real Talking Piece & even includes the little antenna tail!

Early season Namibia when the grasses are still tall the antenna tail zig zagging through the bush veldt is sometimes all you see - good memories!

Vielen Dank for sharing!

Happy Trails

rinehart0050

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Zimbabwe (Omay), New Zealand, South Africa (NWP, Limpopo, Eastern Cape); USA (NE, NC, MD, AZ, TX)
Very cool!

CJW

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Too cool. I've never really considered that option for taxidermy.

On a related note. A few weeks ago I saw one of those auction shows on TV and someone had an Asian fruit bat skeleton in a case. We're talking many feet in width. It would have been a great conversation piece as this will surely be.

Nice job!

mrpoindexter

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Asia/M.East
Member of
SCI, NFAA
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, UAE, California
Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. I will be asking my PH if he would be willing to help me out with such a mount on this next hunt. I hope this is something I am up to the task of but it would be cool to do the mount of at least one animal myself and this might have a much lower learning curve than traditional taxidermy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
500 Nitro Express

Latest profile posts

We will be at the Dallas show and the SCI show in 2023. Booth # to be updated soon.
geoff rath wrote on Von Gruff's profile.
G'day, Von Gruff; Could you give me an idea on your Bearded Chef Knife, as per your posted photos, delivered to Australia? I'd like to reward a good mate (excellent amateur chef) who has done me big favours in the past. Cheers, Geoff Rath
Tokoloshe Safaris wrote on TERMINATOR's profile.
I just received a forwarded e-mail from you, concerning our Web Site. We just finished a leopard hunt yesterday. While on the hunt my wife mentioned to me that she had finally had it with the person that was maintaining the site and that she was going to get someone else to maintain the site.

If the site is not active you can contact me thru the AH forum.

Cheers, Lon Denney
Tokoloshe Safaris,
Zimbabwe
Bwana Man wrote on Jager Waffen74's profile.
Interested in the
  • JP Sauer 90 Luxus .375 H&H West German with EAW swing mounts and Varix III 2.5-8x40 scope (Euro Model hand rubbed oil, express sights) 99.9%
yamoon wrote on C.W. Richter's profile.
Hello
The book is still available, I will consider it sold. Personal check is fine. Send me your address.
Thanks
Michael
[redacted]