WARTHOG HUNTING

nejatuner

AH member
Reaction score
Deals & offers
A friend of mine would like to hunt warthog only.How would you help me in offering a high caliber warthog hunt with very good size of trophies.Is warthog management hunt also possible?Which country would you recommend for real warthog hunting?offers and any type of information is welcome.

Thank you all and regards,

Nejat Uner

Nejat,

i cannot speak for South-Africa warthogs as i never hunted any there, but Namibia have huge warthogs which i have seen and hunted seaonally. I amd sure if you enquire on this forum to a couple of Namibian outfitters you will most certainly find and outfitter guaranteeing you a monster tusker.

Check out the "outfitters" tab and go to 'Namibian outfitters'

Good luck

A friend of mine would like to hunt warthog only.How would you help me in offering a high caliber warthog hunt with very good size of trophies.Is warthog management hunt also possible?Which country would you recommend for real warthog hunting?offers and any type of information is welcome.

Thank you all and regards,

Nejat Uner

PM send.

Here are some samples from Leeukop Safaris.
They left some, well a lot really, behind too.

In all the places I hunted and "game viewed" this was the place I literally saw the most Warthogs in my binoculars: at one time and in total.

Although I did not shoot one myself the other guys took some nice trophies.

If you are looking to be a Warthog culling operation unto yourself, this will not be the place for you. They have plenty of animals and also manage their property for production of good trophies.

Good luck in your hunt.

Attachments

• P1000156.jpg
    P1000156.jpg
    468.6 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_3927.jpg
    IMG_3927.jpg
    348.6 KB · Views: 213
  • DSC02859.jpg
    DSC02859.jpg
    692.7 KB · Views: 169
Brickburn,
quite right, at the Pongola game reserve there seem to be not only a lot of, but quite big warthogs.

nejatuner,
take a look at my gallery, that was at Pongola.

But this does not mean that there ain't other good or even better warthog areas (unfortunately I haven't been anywhere else in SA... yet)

Zabi, chasing around with a rifle I got to see a lot of country. I bumped into Warthogs everywhere.
But, "Warthog Alley", as we dubbed it, was by far the most impressive buffet of Warthogs I have seen.
We all got to see it from the water, while Tiger Fishing and also from the land while hunting.

Stalking in tall grass and having them flush out from right under your feet from their day beds in the tall grass, is just too much fun. I was searching for Reedbuck and avoiding Black Rhino's at that point but it was still fun to have them flushing out like Pheasants under your feet.

I saw Warthogs file past me in blinds in Namibia but nothing to compare to Warthog Alley.

Hehe, Warthog Alley... I like that name :D

And about black rhino... one evening we were tracking a jackal there (near Bhejane blind), but had no gun with us (bowhunters)... so we decided not to go too far from the truck.... better for health...

but back to topic: any better area than Warthog Alley *still smiling*?

Dear Nejat

Have a look at Osonjiva Hunting Safaris. Our Special for 2012 Hunt 2:1 and one will stay for free. Pls. dont hesitate to contact me for any more information or references. We are in Namibia near Waterberg.

Thank you

Warthog Cull Hunt also available

Dear Nejat

We can also offer you Cull Hunting on Warthogs if you are interested let me know and we can discuss a package for you.

I have attahced more Warthog pictures for you.

Pls. feel free to also visit our Taxidermy Website online.

Otjiwarongo Taxidermy in Namibia

Thank you.

Attachments

• Karl Holger Kristensen 139.jpg
    Karl Holger Kristensen 139.jpg
    473.7 KB · Views: 150
  • CIMG0910.jpg
    CIMG0910.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 146
  • DSCF1215.jpg
    DSCF1215.jpg
    578.9 KB · Views: 166
  • Picture 057.jpg
    Picture 057.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 123
  • Jaco 111.jpg
    Jaco 111.jpg
    447 KB · Views: 155
  • CIMG0914.jpg
    CIMG0914.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 301
  • CIMG0925.jpg
    CIMG0925.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 154
Limpopo Zimbabwe warthog

Here is a short video of warthog we saw. Never could find him again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a short video of warthog we saw. Never could find him again.

Thanks for including that Warthog in the video this time. That is a nice Trophy animal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NinaStilwe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross